Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

Unfortunetly Vingen it's not possible to do that in simple registry, file based way. I think within those 6 pages on forum here i've explained it a lot. Only way to do this is to use AutoIt to simulate clicking in right places (kinda like doing it by hand). No other way for that.

EDIT:

Here is why:

Signing of drivers isn't 100% working. Unfortunetly Microsoft implemented it the way it can't be realy done just by registry. Tests shown that also during change from Warn to IGNORE mode (My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Driver Signing) besides standard registry keys that can be found all over the internet this key below also changes. On my computer it has 2 values (one for IGNORE and one for WARN). So unless i'll find a way to fix it.. Bummer. Maybe someone has some nice idea? Each computer has their own diffrent keys so it's not that simple as i seen on other forums in some posts newwink.gif

- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PrivateHash 15 CA EF C3 34 E8 C8 78

- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PrivateHash 01 32 A3 68 55 C2 D2 00

Problem of signing drivers on unnatended cd doesn't exist because you can set the right value in winnt.sif or sysprep.inf. Or so i have read on Microsoft pages smile.gif Oh well, we will see..

I know Bashrat used program made by pyron but i don't think it works 100% :/

Edited by MadBoy

That ain't very easy and most likely will be available in Professional version of my app that i try to write when i have time. But since i am chaning jobs now (again), moving to other city so it will take some time to produce it ;) I tried to change some code in last hardware version to cleanup some code and to make it more efficient but actually it was slower then with old code so i kinda got depressed and started to think that i need to learn C++ or/and C# to do it properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i know this is a little late, also i may have already been mentioned. I was wondering if there was some way that the Drivers_drive could equal NETWORK, and the Drivers_dir = a network share, ie.. \\sever1\drivers

and one other request would be that the copy_drivers path = a relative path...

so a hardware.ini like this:

Drivers_drive=Network

Drivers_dir=\\server1\drivers

Device_manager=On

Method=RegistryDevicePath

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Simple

Drivers_Packed=No

Copy_drivers=Yes

Copy_where=%systemdrive%\Drivers

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=No

Time_to_start=0

Good job on the awesome program!

any help would be great! thnx,

Daniel

It's not late at all! :) I'm still here developing it once per week or so but i kinda lost some motivation after doing tests on changing function for RegistryPathAdding in pure AutoIt without using Dir command output.. and even thou the code looked great it was much much slower....!! So kinda dismotivated me as it was clue to more and nicer features. Problem with your requests is that CMD windows (and that's a clue to working on with DIR command) won't work with network drive that easy... And as for the relative path it can be done easly i guess. JUst i am dismotivated but maybe new job that i am about to start on january will speed things up a bit ;D

Tnx for appreciation. New version that i started working on looks much much nicer but it will take longer while! I wish i could do it in C# or C++!

excuse me!....i can't use hardware.exe!

i enable DEBUG in hardware.ini

So i know ,hardware.exe can't find any *.inf,

please HELP ME!

hardware.ini:

[iNFO]

Start=Manual

Drivers_drive=c

Drivers_dir=\Drivers

Device_manager=Off

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Advanced

Drivers_Packed=7zip

Copy_drivers=Yes

Copy_where=C:\Drivers

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=Yes

LOG:

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0:

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: Directory of c:\Drivers\S\R\2

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 1: Directory of c:\Drivers\S\R\2

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 2: 2

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 3: c:\Drivers\S\R\2

[18:39:16] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 4: Drivers\S\R\2

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 5: c:\Drivers\S\R\2\ *.inf "(have one space)"

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 6: 1

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0:

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 09/15/2006 11:54 PM <DIR> .

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 09/15/2006 11:54 PM <DIR> ..

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 0 File(s) 0 bytes

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0:

[18:39:17] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: Directory of c:\Drivers\S\R\1

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 1: Directory of c:\Drivers\S\R\1

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 2: 2

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 3: c:\Drivers\S\R\1

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 4: Drivers\S\R\1

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 5: c:\Drivers\S\R\1\ *.inf "(have one space)"

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 6: 1

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0:

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 09/15/2006 11:55 PM <DIR> .

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 09/15/2006 11:55 PM <DIR> ..

[18:39:18] - DEBUG in REGISTRYDEVICEPATH FUNCTION 0: 0 File(s) 0 bytes

Edited by jefflin

I will need couple things more. Paste entire log or send it to support@pro-solutions.pl and i should take a look at it. As i noticed your hardware.ini file is a bit misconfigured i would say, or use in non-supported way to be precise. The way u use the program now you have to have your drivers packed in .7z format? Do you have that? Check what i changed. Put packed drivers in DriversPacked dir on C and try that config below. Might work.

Also tell me what your system language is? I think it might be problem here as i believe DIR command might have diffrent output then on ENGLISH/PL system. I think i'll add an option to use either this function or the new one i wrote (slower but language independant i think). And let ppl decide which one they want to use. Anyway lemme know what is the result.

[iNFO]

Start=Manual

Drivers_drive=C

Drivers_dir=\DriversPacked

Device_manager=Off

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Advanced

Drivers_Packed=7zip

Copy_drivers=Yes

Copy_where=C:\Drivers

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=Yes

thank you answer!...thank very much....

my use language is Chinese traditional.....

SO..i think , error in language...

thank you HELP ME.....

may I help you ....

test one version on other language.....

last thank you very much....And MY ENGLISH very poorness....SORRY!!!

@Jefflin: i'm not able to help you a lot in this. First of all your .ini file is poorly done. That's yours.

[iNFO]Start=Manual

Mode=Standard

Drivers_drive=C

Drivers_dir=/drivers

Device_manager=Off

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Advanced

Drivers_Packed=No

Copy_drivers=No

Copy_where=

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Leave_registry_entries=No

Time_To_Start=0

Debug=Yes

Should be: (notice - Drivers_Drive and Drivers_dir must be case sensitive. Also make sure in C:\drivers drivers are unpacked)

[iNFO]Start=Manual

Mode=Standard

Drivers_drive=C

Drivers_dir=\drivers

Device_manager=Off

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Advanced

Drivers_Packed=No

Copy_drivers=No

Copy_where=

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Leave_registry_entries=No

Time_To_Start=0

Debug=Yes

Lemme know if this .ini works.. Also i noticed you use Windows 2000. Unfortunetly Windows 2000 isn't fully supported by my program. It should work, but Windows 2000 messages about detecting of new devices might show up. In Windows XP everything should be realy automated. Lemme know if this helps.

Also make sure that device you are removing from system realy have the drivers for it in C:\drivers dir. Bashrat Packs have most of drivers needed for system but not all. So it might be also that if drivers for your device aren't found that they simply aren't there.

Edited by MadBoy

@kickarse: sorry for late replay but since you edited your post it didn't had the question to me when i read it first time ;p Well i write my code in AutoIt :) It's very good language and preety nice but slower then C++. Hope this answers your question.

@fatlam: thanks :)