[Help] - Extremly slow startup

bongo333

Hi peps hoping you can help running xp sp1 all latest updates minus sp2 (Sp2 aphobic) and my pc takes about 5 mins to start up I've tried bootvis kept giving errors, ccleaner not much help for startup, tried autoruns, nothing out of the ordinary, I'm running Celeron 2.6 and 766mb DDR PC3200 400mhz ram

80gig hdd(prim) 40 gig hdd(secon) PLS HELP :blushing:

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Hi peps hoping you can help running xp sp1 all latest updates minus sp2 (Sp2 aphobic) and my pc takes about 5 mins to start up I've tried bootvis kept giving errors, ccleaner not much help for startup, tried autoruns, nothing out of the ordinary, I'm running Celeron 2.6 and 766mb DDR PC3200 400mhz ram

scan ur pc for virus/ trojans..

scan ur pc for virus/ trojans..

i'd suggest a nice scan with adaware ;)

@bongo333 - first off

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.
Take some time and read these

and for your problem... try this

System Optimization Software Titles Include

Ask around for some more system optimization software.

Edited by wolf74481

Has your CPU been underclocked or receiving insufficient cooling? Intel CPUs will slow down if they get too hot, which can happen if the heatsink is not contacting the processor's surface adequately.