Office XP integrated

Yezpahr

I got a quick question, it's needed for a school's project.

I have to make an unattended WinXP installation and need to add the Office XP included.

So, my question would be:

Is it possible to let nLite install Office while installing WinXP?

If yes, was there a tutorial I missed? Or isn't it possible?

***Just noticed I posted in the wrong

Edited by Yezpahr

Good news: nLite can probably do the job, with an add-on CAB

Bad news: It's a DIY project all the way. No one can legally post such an add-on here.

Collect Service Packs & hotfixes: The most reliable way is to install a plain vanilla MS Office, connect to the OfficeUpdate site, and follow the info links to their parent KB article. Download full-file or IT Pro versions wherever you're given the option. Extract the .MST file (you won't need any others). You could also retrieve the patches from WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download, after a completed update.

Perform administrative install, and slipstream your updates:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/45/

The list of hotfixes is out of date, but the process and commands are easily adaptable.

Download and install ORKtools:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/Off...US/orktools.exe.

Use Custom Installation Wizard to create your unattended answer file (.MST). Bonus points if you saved your personal settings (.OPS) with the Profile Wizard, to have ready for integration at this point.

Office Shrinker: usable on a limited set of language versions. Production machine cannot have had Office previously installed--clean Windows install or VPC are best.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=16709

Repack Office and unattended configurations into 7-zip (or RAR) switchless installer.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=39048

Create integrated Add-On, and include Office in same step of nLite as your Windows hotfixes.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63596

Things can go wrong at most steps of the process. It may save time to test your creation at various points along the way. Good luck with your project. I'm just about to test final product with mine.

If you can live with manual updates afterward, then all you have to do before packaging is create your .MST. This is going to leave you with quite a sizeable file, even after compression--you may need that DVD burner after all.

• 1 month later...

:(

I make an unattended.mst with orktools but it doesn't work! when i run the setup.cmd

setuppro.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Pop up the Prepare to install window then close and the installation stop. Only install the PrintingMe Internet Printing s***..

<snip>

Bad news: It's a DIY project all the way. No one can legally post such an add-on here.

<huge snip>

Hang on a minute - why's that? As long as we're not talking about a pirated copy of XP and posting serial numbers and the like, why can't an add-on of Office XP be made? What is the difference between altering XP with nLite and altering Office by making an add-on. I for one would be very interested in an Office add-on - it would save me a lot of time.

• 3 weeks later...
:(

I make an unattended.mst with orktools but it doesn't work! when i run the setup.cmd

setuppro.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

Pop up the Prepare to install window then close and the installation stop. Only install the PrintingMe Internet Printing s***..

I made a 7zip installer for OfficeXP for my company using Keytotime's guide. It installed on the machine that i created it on but, when I tried it on a fresh install of windows I go the same problem. It says its preparing to install and then the installation stops. I tried using a /wait switch but that didnt work.

<snip>

<huge snip>

Hang on a minute - why's that? As long as we're not talking about a pirated copy of XP and posting serial numbers and the like, why can't an add-on of Office XP be made? What is the difference between altering XP with nLite and altering Office by making an add-on. I for one would be very interested in an Office add-on - it would save me a lot of time.

he's wrong. it's perfectly legal as long as you own your own license to the software.

all i would do is make a go.bat file

add it to the runonce tab of nlite

in the go.bat file

have it install office at the start up of windows the frist time around

and use the office setup tool to have it all pre-config to what u want

but i have tryed to get office installed b4 the frist real bootup of windows

and its bugga's up every time .. lol