[Request] Microsoft Office XP Professional

ndininno

I have been trying on my own, scouring as many forums as time permits. I am trying to make an MSI for a 1 click install of Microsoft Office XP Professional to use with N-lite addon maker and integrate it with my Windows XP install CD for use at my new job. I tried using Wininstall LE to take a before and after snapshot of the install. This gives me an error.

"PROGRAM has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application"

The PROGRAM is any part of office I try to open after I install my homemade Office MSI. I have been using a 'clean pc' and installing as administrator. I am trying to use this on machines joined to a domain.

I also tried using Advanced Installer (freeware) and it creates the 1 click install from 1 file like I was looking for, but it doesn't seem to grab everything and it also creates the shortcuts as full file names. My intention is for the MSI to install exactly how office would install if I were installing it from my network, or the original cd.

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can get moving on this?

I made a 7 zip installer using keytotime's guide. My config.txt looks like this:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="SetupPro.exe /qb-!"

;!@InstallEnd@!

I tested the install and it worked perfectly on the machine I created it on. However, when I attempted an install on a fresh copy of windows, it extracted the setup files then the installation stopped.

I then changed my config.txt to:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!

RunProgram="SetupPro.exe /wait"

;!@InstallEnd@!

The error message was this:

Error applying transforms. Verify the specified transform paths are valid.

I am assuming this means I need to make relative paths as opposed to absolute paths in my MTS file. I'm not even sure if that is possible, because you need the administrative install point in order to use orktools. Then if you go one step further and put the install into a windows installation cd, the paths in the MTS file are even further off. I'm stumped.