IE6 integrated and then the encryption is 0-Bits!

Sereby

On the KB page for the Update Rollup, MS specifically say that the rollup only updates components that are part of Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4. As an example of updates/features the rollup doesn't update, they specifically name Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express 6. I have never installed the rollup on a system that's patched with IE6, but if the Rollup installer would go through till the end you'd have to install IE6 again afterwards, so there's no point in installing IE6 beforehand.

I guess TommyP never tested "Win2K SP4 plus IE6 minus Rollup" because of the above and I don't intend to either...

OK...

Use a clean, non-unattended and non-SP4 source. Create a folder called HFSPACK and place the SP4 executable in it. Place the necessary IE6 cabs in the HFCABS folder and place the update rollup (Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-DEU.EXE) in the HF folder. Run HFSLIP.

You are the first to report this problem so I want to be sure that the problem doesn't lie elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

its still the same but now i get while setup some error with the following files:

msoeacct.dll

msoe.dll

inetcomm.dll

Wab32.dll

oeimport.dll

all the same error message with the same Windows Update title.. all could not be loaded.

after windows is installed Outlook express cant be started because msoe.dll isnt or cant be loaded dont know ^^

why and how to fix this?

Stupid Q, but do you have a HFCABS\MAILNEWS.CAB file? If you do, is it corrupted? (There are 54 files in the cab). While your checking out that cab file, check the other required CAB files required for IE6. Use Tomcat76's signature as a guide for what cabs are required. Side Q, is your current operating system (the one you are sitting in front of now) reg tweaked to disable the 16 bit subsystem?

my current os is xp with SP2 and my german updatepack and 16bit enabled.

here the error report file:

COMPLETE THIS FILE AND ATTACH IT TO THE MESSAGEBOARD IF YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=129

=======================YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS SECTION==========================

- Make a hfnetchk log - this is the COMMANDLINE HFNETCHK -V -F C:\WU.TXT
- Other errors, not reported by HFNETCHK
- Zip the information above and this file and post the info on the board listed on top.

=======================DO NOT ALTER THE SECTION BELOW==========================

HFSLIP Version - 60326a

Your path - F:\hfslip\

OS you are slipstreaming - 2000 SP4

Language you are working with - German

MSIE Version - 2KIE6

FDV Fileset - Not Used

DX9C - Not Slipstreamed

CD Install Path - Default

Merge option - SPX.CAB Added

==============================================================================
The files in your FIX folder -

Names of the files in your HF folder:
IE6.0sp1-KB823353-x86-DEU.exe
IE6.0sp1-KB833989-x86-DEU.exe
IE6.0sp1-KB896688-Windows-2000-XP-x86-DEU.exe
oe6.0sp1-KB897715-Windows-2000-XP-x86-DEU.exe
Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-DEU.EXE

Names of the files in your HFCABS folder:
BRANDING.CAB
IEW2K_1.CAB
IEW2K_2.CAB
IEW2K_3.CAB
IEW2K_4.CAB
MAILNEWS.CAB
OEEXCEP.CAB
SCRIPTDE.CAB
WAB.CAB

Names of the files in your HFSVPK folder:

Names of the files in your HFSVPK_SW folder:

Names of the files in your HFTOOLS folder:

==============================================================================

mailnews looks ok! i can open it and there are 54 files in it

You need the script version for your language. For english it's scriptEN.exe. For yours, I would presume it's scriptDE.exe. This file is a requirement for IE6 to slipstream.

TC, on your hotfix site, the scripten.exe is needed if you are HFSLIPing IE6. If you aren't doing IE6, then you shouldn't slipstream it. In other words, it should not have a little checkbox by it if IE6 is selected.

In other words, it should not have a little checkbox by it if IE6 is selected.
You mean it should not have a little checkbox by it if IE6 is not selected.

By the way, Sereby does have scriptde.exe. However, he has it as a CAB file (SCRIPTDE.CAB) in HFCABS.

He needs the scriptDE.exe in the HF folder.

By the selection boxes, I mean that the file is mandatory if you are slipstreaming IE6 and with that said, you should not be able to deselect it. If you aren't slipstreaming IE6, you do not need the scriptXX.exe hotfix. The scriptXX.exe has the dlls (and installation infs) specific to IE6.

still the same if i add scriptde.exe to the HF folder!

but still the other problem! every time if i add the IE fixes then is Outlook Express not able to start! it says every time that it couldn't load msoe.dll

what do you mean with "update" it? i just downloaded with this command the w2k IE6 files and then placed them in the HFcabs folder! this works but if i want to integrate the hotfixes for it msoe doesnt work anymore :(