IE6 integrated and then the encryption is 0-Bits!

Sereby

Have you tried the latest hfslip with option A? Also, are you sure that your source folder is OK? In other words, make an ISO out of the files in your source folder? There is many occurances where you could get a bad copy. If you have a bad source folder, then the sourcess folder won't be good either. It's up to you to test that. As far as I know, you are the only person reporting this issue. Are you sure you didn't kill your 16bit subsystem? Is the machine you are working with installed via an NLITEd source?

i'm working on a nlited xp pro with sp2.

the source is ok

my last test was with HFSLIP_60401.CMD and i use Option D to create a new SPx.cab file if needed but it doesnt create it because just integrating IE6 an msxml3 from updaterollup by hand

edit:

ok found some interesting things!

KB897715: the new msoe.dll is broken! this let crash the OE at startup.

KB823353: the new MSOERT2.DLL brings up this error which say that it couldn't load msoe.dll

i'm now testing if it works now :)

Edited by Sereby

KB897715: the new msoe.dll is broken! this let crash the OE at startup.
When you exclude that update when running HFSLIP and install it manually afterwards....

- do you get error messages starting Outlook Express?

- does msoe.dll then have the version that's inside KB897715 (6.0.2800.1506) or is it an older version?

This can be fixed by HFSLIP but I need to know the answer to the above two questions.

the OE bug is fixed if i remove the msoe.dll build 1506 from source and use the build 1478 from KB887797 does work! and dont use MSOERT2.DLL from KB823353 does work, too!

but if i install these 2 updates the errors are back

Edited by Sereby

OK. I just wanted to be sure you weren't just swapping DLLs.

One more thing before I release a new test version... Do you have "kb897715-oe6sp1-20050503.210336.cat" in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK? Does it still exist on your installation CD?

and whats with MSOERT2.DLL from KB823353? this file is broken too!

and i look into you bat file and this will not work! you have to delete the msoe.dll! i tested it by hand and every time when i replace the original or build 1478 msoe.dll file then does the error occure

Edited by Sereby

I see now that msoe.dll is not being registered so the fix won't matter. If it *would* be registered, it might have worked.

Do you have the same problem on a "normal" (non-HFSLIPped) installation?

This is difficult. You are the first German to report a problem with the OE updates. I can't just remove DLLs if not all Germans are affected by it.

You also mentioned having problems with inetcomm.dll. Combine that with msoe.dll and you get the KB897715 hotfix (only those two files are updated by it).

When you did the "completely manual" install, did you use the same IE6 setup file as the one you used to get the CABs for HFSLIP? If so, I wanna check something. I did it myself with the German IE6SP1 and I got these:

BRANDING.CAB (8 252 bytes)

IEW2K_1.CAB (1 861 786 bytes)

IEW2K_2.CAB (1 719 135 bytes)

IEW2K_3.CAB (1 883 001 bytes)

IEW2K_4.CAB (2 143 524 bytes)

MAILNEWS.CAB (1 975 897 bytes)

OEEXCEP.CAB (20 116 bytes)

SCRIPTDE.CAB (822 707 bytes)

WAB.CAB (606 147 bytes)

Are these sizes identical?