KGB Archiver

Wesmosis

hey guyz

KGB Archiver is the compression tool with unbelievable high compression rate. It surpasses even such efficient compression tool like 7zip and UHARC in terms of the abilities. Unfortunately although its powerful compression rate, it has high hardware requirements (I recommend processor with 1,5GHz clock and 256MB of RAM as an essential minimum). One of the advantages of KGB Archiver is also AES-256 encryption which is used to encrypt the archives. This is one of the strongest encryptions known for human.

these dayz, I've heard and read alot about this proggy which can compress a 450 mbs to 1.5 mbs! is that possible?.........anyone can confirm this thingy

I've found the Microsoft 2006 on 1.5 mbs, what is the heck is goin' on fellas

is it another April Joke or what, somebodies assure the thing, others deny it

what MSFN.org fans think?

these dayz, I've heard and read alot about this proggy which can compress a 450 mbs to 1.5 mbs!

Well you can obtain that type of compression ratio with 7-Zip already.

101 Meg down to 245 kb. No joke.

The trick is solid archive mode and a large number of very similar files, in this case, 1860 Filter Factory plugins for Photoshop compatible applications.

This said, it is claimed that KGB is slightly more performant than 7-Zip but I haven't tried it as it only runs on 2000/XP/2003.

Don't believe the hype!!

The reason KGB needs so much CPU & RAM is because it's using a large dictionary and word size by default. If you want to achieve the same compression (and CPU & RAM requirements) simply set your Word Size and Dictionary Size larger in your 7-Zip settings.