Which Winamp version do you use?

TravisO

Which Winamp version do you use?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Winamp version do you use?

• Winamp 2.x
    • Winamp 3.x
    • Winamp 5.x

say what you want i just want to reccomend a program ive been using for a while: XMPlay. I never liked winamp but i understand some people use it for the plugins etc. The good news is most/all winamp plugins work the same with XMPlay. XMPlay is also efficient like winamp 2 but you can skin it like winamp 5. Its only 253kb, saves its settings in an ini file in the appdata folder and therefore is also portable.

I posted some screenshot of it here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=438521

Also I would just like to hear why people would still prefer to use winamp when other software like XMPlay, Foobar, and Muzicube are out there?

Thats a really cool player! I love how small it is, makes it nice and portable. Only one problem... the skins and interface are horrible :/

Thats a really cool player! I love how small it is, makes it nice and portable. Only one problem... the skins and interface are horrible :/

it does need more skins, but i have looked around for inspiration to make one, but i havent found one i like better than the iXMPlay skin. :)

screenshot of ixmplay

iXMPlay.png

I hate WinAMP. Why would you need third party software, when WMP10 can do it for you? WMP10 is more than enough for me.

why would u need wmp10? lol

i hate wmp10 and nlited it out.

i use winamp 5.*

it loads up in just a sec and i love the media list for it

it does need more skins, but i have looked around for inspiration to make one, but i havent found one i like better than the iXMPlay skin. :)

screenshot of ixmplay

iXMPlay.png

Using that exact skin now. Not a big fan of itunes but this is the best skin I've seen as well. I'm hoping that player gets a better skinning community in the future cause i really like the player due to it's size B)