hard disk prob

last night while surfing around my power flickered on and off 4 or 5 times in 30 seconds. I thought everything was OK except now i noticed my d: DRIVE has dissapeared. the BIOS recognizes the drive and under disk management it is there but says all the space is unallocated. its like its not formated. any way to fix this without formating and loseing all my data?

Unallocated?!! hmm you've got some serious problems... D:\ won't come back unless you format it again. You'll have to try out some data recovery software.

I hope something like this doesn't happen to me. My PC turns itself on automatically when the power is restored, so if the electricity was a bit jumpy while I was away, I'm gonna end up with a lot of damaged hardware :)

Unallocated?!! hmm you've got some serious problems... D:\ won't come back unless you format it again. You'll have to try out some data recovery software.

I hope something like this doesn't happen to me. My PC turns itself on automatically when the power is restored, so if the electricity was a bit jumpy while I was away, I'm gonna end up with a lot of damaged hardware  :D

Heh...Two of my computers are always on...On one of them, I have two drives, and when the power goes off nothing happens to them... :rolleyes: The funny thing is, you know how some monitors go ON after the power is restored? Imagine that happening while you're asleep! That can be your alarm clock! :) It woke me up twice...

rstryker, what kind of data did you have on that drive?

yeah, one power cut won't do any harm, but 5 in 30 seconds is damaging. All the hardware is getting a surge of power - on and off every 5 secs, surely not doing them any good!

rstryker, what kind of data did you have on that drive?

my ghost image of C: , all of my connectix VM drives , overnet , various programs and my emminem videos. ****!

i will format and run easy recovery 6 ... i'll keep you posted.

If u didnt get ur data from the drive using recovery software b4 u formatted it, u will lose it and u wont b able to recover it :)

incorrect...after formating i ran Easy Recover 6 >format recovery

3318 directories found

63208 files found

97.6GB of data recovered

I hope something like this doesn't happen to me. My PC turns itself on automatically when the power is restored, so if the electricity was a bit jumpy while I was away, I'm gonna end up with a lot of damaged hardware  :D

CHange the setting in the bios :D

Set the Soft Off setting to - Stay off

the setting Differs form Bios to Bios, SO look Carefully

:) 96 gigs of Data recovered !!!, That Program Must be really good, to achieve that much Recovery :rolleyes: