Best Registry Software

dirtwarrior

CCleaner is probably your best bet, as it not only cleans the registry(safely, might I add), but also temporary files.

EasyCleaner would be my second choice, because it's relentless when it comes to hunting down unnecessary keys.

Finally, although it's no longer free, JV16 PowerTools is always a favorite for cleaning the entire system.

Finally, although it's no longer free, JV16 PowerTools is always a favorite for cleaning the entire system.

JV16 PowerTools is the best, I also use NTRegOpt for compacting the registry. It is compact and free.

Pawan

"Ok...whoa....whoa...whoa.....whoa..... Louis, this isn't my Batman cup!"

I just used RegSeeker, and, wow. First I was amazed by JV16 PowerTools (not free), then Ace Utilities (not free), and then TuneUp Utilities (not free), and now RegSeeker really takes its time, shows in-depth results, and is free. I'm never going to bother with a payware registry cleaner again. CCleaner and RegSeeker pwn!

JV16 is skippy in its responsiveness sometimes, removes more than it should, and sometimes freezes completely, and isn't free.

@TeqGuy, bloated, huh? Go look at Nero 7 before calling a small freeware tool like this bloated, especially since it's less than 300 KBs...

Edited by Jeremy

@TeqGuy, bloated, huh? Go look at Nero 7 before calling a small freeware tool like this bloated, especially since it's less than 300 KBs...

File size isn't the only measurement of bloat.

RegSeeker incorporates a lot of useless features into a fairly small package. Why?

It's not because it can or because the developer found it necessary to do so... it's because it fails at what its inherent nomenclature implies it should be adept in, namely, cleaning the registry.

It skips the keys it should be removing, sometimes completely trashes the system by removing ones it shouldn't, and worst of all, tends to lose backups so you have no chance of revival.

TeqGuy, every registry cleansing I have done so far, it has made a backup automatically. I find the features useful, actually. When under 300 KBs, bloat isn't something I characterize a freeware tool by. You're being far too picky. Loosen up.