HFCLEANUP - Reduce your source

Oleg_II

Please don't contaminate this thread with multiple posts, can you please condense them into ONE zip file? I assume that you tested these with 2k, xp and 2003? BTW, I had a volume shadow copy reducer with those same files at one time, all it did was give a failed installation. If you haven't tested any of these, please don't post them. We're not here to troubleshoot your work. :)

Edited by tommyp

yaz - I'm loooking at some of these files and I don't quite understand what the reg.keys is. What are they supposed to be filtered out of?

Here's some info for you (and important too). If you have any setup INF files that aren't right, you'll have strange errors on the installed source. In other words, an INF will not process if any files to copy aren't available, or if you call to register a DLL file and the DLL isn't registerable. So, you have to be quite careful on what to filter out. Deleting files is a piece of cake. The problem lies in the setup INFs. It seems that you are the one the VERY few who actually are contributing to this. I ran out of time and patience on these reducers... Here's a little commandline you can run. Create an folder called INFS inside your HFSLIP folder. Run this:

FOR /F %I IN ('DIR/B/A-D/ON source\I386\*.in_') DO EXPAND -r SOURCE\I386\%I infs

This expands all of the setup infs to a folder called INFS. In there, you'll need to search through the INFs for various things.

ohhhh.. soryr dudes. oh man i feel like i have a cold or something??

hey gents i am watching PCU and i have to admit it's pne i loved but it's super old i admit. but its helping me get through.

i feel kinda loopy. i maybe need a beer or something. uh i fixed the link, BTW.

hey forget this windows garbage, download this. i'm'a post now and uh do something else like maybe go to bed.

hi!

i encountered these errors after using the hfcleanup for XP SP2:

i tried using it via nLite too to remove some items but upon hitting the GUI, i got this something like: "DOSNET.INF not found"

(i created isos via HFSLIP (1 with CAT files while the other 1 without) & created another iso via nLite to further remove a few more components) ... basically w/ the same results ...

pls advise.

thanks!

post-84520-1149526453_thumb.jpg

post-84520-1149526474_thumb.jpg

HFSLIP.txt

Edited by Kiki Burgh