Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
strider_D_3000

hard disk cont.

dang now win2k3 dont detect my secondary hard drive can anyone help me with this problem i check the hardware manager and it didnt have any conflicts and i check the cables and stuff too and they are all tighten what is wrong with this picture?

Check the wires once more...It might be that or your BIOS cannot recognize that hard drive...

lets just say that the bios dont reconise the drive what should i do because my 1st hard drive with windows 2k on it shows my 2ndary drive by the 3rd drive with win2k3 do not show my 2ndary drive

iIf the HD was working fine and without any modification, just stoped working....im thinking the harddrive is dead. I would reccomend unplugging all the other HDs and setting it to master then finding the manufacturer HD Fitness test. If the Fitness test doesnt recognize it at all, move it around on different IDE channs, repat the test and see if it sees it. Try differents cables and final try anther system, if those all tur out negative, looks like you have a tosty HD

GoodLuck

=Drew

i do not think my HD is toast out. My original question is that when i use my third drive which has win2k3 on it, it does not detect my storage drive aka secondary drive, but when i use my main drive which has win2k on it. it detected the storage drive. on another note when i use hardware manager on win2k3 it detects it but it doesn't show up on "my computer" and cannot be accessed by DOS.

hmm strange...can u access files on the drive under win2k? If not then u need 2 format it

I had a similar problem with win2k3! I would install it and it wouldnt detect my third drive. I booted into dos and used NTFSpro and it detected it. What i found is when you install win2k3 sometimes if a drive is partition it reads it funny and doesnt assign a drive letter. Before you format the drive check under the admin tools for disk managment. See if it detects the drive. Then click on the drive and assign it a drive letter and that should solve it. It solved mine. Im sorry for the crappy spelling.

Once again, please do not make double posts about the same problem. People that offer their help need to know all of the information to sort things out.

Merged

Are all 3 drives NTFS? If the one you are booting from is FAT and the other is NTFS then the FAT will not see the NTFS......

:)

i got it to work it has to do with my jumper settings but dang it still boot up in 10 mins why!!!!!! i got 400mh but gamehead say he can boot perfectly with less mh what is the matter with this thing?