What app to fast format FAT32 >32gb in winxp/2k

kocoman

It is possible to FAST format a FAT32 partation over 32gb? I can use winme to format but it always says "invalid existing format" quick format cannot be done, must do unconditional format, which takes so long...

I don't think winxp/2k will format FAT32 over 32gb, it will say "Illegal volume size" or something like that. thanks

1) To keep compatibility with other system in read/write (linux, windows 98, dos)

2) To avoid any problems with rights (not allowed read, etc.)

@kocoman: Use PartitionMagic or fdisk/format under dos. You can search for a free disk management too.

It is possible to FAST format a FAT32 partation over 32gb? I can use winme to format but it always says "invalid existing format" quick format cannot be done, must do unconditional format, which takes so long...

I don't think winxp/2k will format FAT32 over 32gb, it will say "Illegal volume size" or something like that. thanks

That's because you have have the 32 GB BIOS limitation (PCs older than 2001) or a WinME format utility bug.

That's because you have have the 32 GB BIOS limitation (PCs older than 2001) or a WinME format utility bug.

Windows NT 5.x bypass bios to access ide drives and others drive too, like sata, it's for that you need driver disk/splitstream drivers on cd.

Windows NT 5.x bypass bios to access ide drives and others drive too, like sata, it's for that you need driver disk/splitstream drivers on cd.

It still requires a later BIOS, AFAIK.