View Unsecured Cameras from Google

Synapse

It's a bizarre tour of the world, at least the northern hemisphere from what I saw. Construction sights, machine/automotive/manufacturing shops, courtyards, computer labs/workcenters and one bird's nest! A lot were showing snow or traces of it.

I did get a few 'save' windows pop up but they seemed to be on the larger streams. Found out also, that if you click on enough links in Google, it will tell you that your behaviour is like a virus or trojan and won't give you any more links. :blink::blushing: Fair enough, I guess. It must have figured I was 'bugging' it too much.

DL

@undead actually found it from: http://www.butterfat.net/goocam/

but i don't like that interface that much, keeps sending data like you have the window open even after you close the tooltip type window.

i'm guessign the redraw is the connection to the server. every second its told to redraw the image and if you don't receive the image within that second it redraws the next image without finishing the first one.

the thing in google is because of worms and such, same thign happens if you go past 10 pages of google looking for "phpbb" and "viewtopic.php"

Edited by Bi0haZarD

wow, haha :lol:

:blushing::P

@BiO- Yep, I have cable and to quickly click through 10 pages of links is no trouble if you are shutting off most of the clicked links immediately. There is only so long you can watch a flapping sheet of plastic at a construction sight before it starts to get boring.

The whole thing is kind of scary. So many cameras that can be accessed and the list doesn't include closed circuit stuff. So many were watching courtyards, streets and public thoroughfares. I couldn't figure out why some of them were needed. Big Bro is here already. H. G. Wells didn't miss it by much.

DL

The whole thing is kind of scary. So many cameras that can be accessed and the list doesn't include closed circuit stuff.

besides this stuff, just think of all the s'kiddies right now watching people through their personal web cams using their favorite trojan :huh:

Wish I could see it. Damnit.

I wonder why IE won't display any feeds...

don't worry lol, its fun for a couple minutes watching people in a computer lab or on a street, but gets boring since no ones waving to the came or doing anything to make them X-rated LOL!!!..... yea.....

still kinda amuses me how many of these are unencrypted.

hah awesome link, never been there, then again i never looked =P

just shows how vulnerable some sites are, especially the ones that say things like PHPNuke SuperUser Passwords and such.. Google... that hackers best friend lol!

I looked through the site a bit, and saw the robots.txt file one.. mainly cause i was reading up on it and decided not to put it on my own server as thats just like listing your root directory to the people that know about it.

Ok, I figured something out. On most/all of those axis-cgi folders is a jpg folder. So, just change the search parameters....

inurl:"axis-cgi/jpg"

(Yes, include the quotes)

While it's not a moving image, all you have to do is hit refresh and the image will update.

• 8 months later...

some updated info:

if you want to find ONLY cameras that are streaming video:

inurl:axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

this works with more than Google

"mjpg" is Motion JPEG

cam's serving stills can almost always be manipulated to stream. their URL's look like:

/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi

just change as per above and you get it to stream

more parms to play with:

barcoord=n,n -- this seems to be the P/T coordinates for the camera in the format of "123,12" (of course the cam has to be on a PZT mount)

barzoom=n -- zoom

camera=1 -- the camera number. i've found several more cameras for a particular site by changing this

showlength=1 -- no idea

resolution=704x480 -- popular large resolutions seem to be 640x480 and 704x480

text=1 -- 1/0 draw text

compression=n -- default seems to be 2 digits (50)

color=1 -- 1/0 color/greyscale i think

clock=1 -- draws time

date=1 -- draws date

dummy=n -- can be a long string of numbers. no idea

if you get a small image, you can almost always change the resolution by changing the "resolution=" parm, or adding it if no exist.

in many cases you can add the parms you want if no exist and get more to play with.

the minium URL requirnment for most of the cams is like:

domain-name/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

a lot of the cams i found can be controlled (PZT). easiest way is to go up 2 directories and you end up at the cam's webpage for it's internal http server. requires JS.

default auth for admin settings can be found in the Axis manuals. of course all of above is for Axis cams only -- haven't tried any others yet.

now i'm off to collect more cams :)

Edited by atomizer