Is Dell Game?

Press any key

Dell will soon offer a high-end XPS 600 Renegade that features a hand-painted case, an overclocked (and warranted) 4.26 GHz Pentium 4 Extreme Edition processor, quad processor SLI graphics and 10,000 RPM Raptor hard drives.

post-57434-1136665342_thumb.gif

Dell now offers a 30-inch LCD for just $2199 (only $1999 with a new PC). It runs at 2560 x 1600.

:thumbup

forgive my poor atitude, but i very much dislike OEM boxes. nothing but problems. the hardware is almost always sub-par, no matter what the specs are.

we have HP's at work, about 2-3 yrs old now. they have P4 2+ GHz processors and my old P3 800 box at home, which is much older, runs faster and everything works, whereas the HP's are all losing their floppy and CD/DVD drives. the MB looks like something you'd get at a garage sale in 1970. i've had other OEM's in the past as well. no more. DIY

well the 900 series of pentium d procesers are cooler then the 800 series suposadly, since their 65nm.

thos 4 gtx tho...... i dont think you can air cool them, they would be mighty close to gether, i wana see them pull that off.

and the power bill, well, err, run a extension cord from your neighbors house and hope he dosent notice the 200$ increse in electical bills?

You guys are assuming too much. Quad SLI could mean anything. "Dual GPU" based video cards in SLI (aka 2 video cards, 4 cores) would be considered quad SLI, and it's been proven (although not very stable) doable... see here.

I am aware of their being talk of Quad SLI motherboards supporting four video cards, but that seems very unlikely that an OEM manufacturer would want to be support quad video card systems.

^^your quad sli motherboards link is broken

while it would be cheaper to do a dual core cards sli system that would just bring in bigger heat issues, now instad of having 4 cores have their own hsf you have them split it for 2 cores to one hsf, this dose not solve much other then giving the user acsess to the other expansion ports, if they even have them.

Forum bug... it would seem.

The full address is:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/05/26/
gigabyte_to_support_four_sli_graphics_cards_on_one_motherboard/

Seems that the URL bbCode is adding a space in the address between 26/ and gigabyte...

*goes to report to the forum bug section*

You guys are assuming too much. Quad SLI could mean anything. "Dual GPU" based video cards in SLI (aka 2 video cards, 4 cores) would be considered quad SLI, and it's been proven (although not very stable) doable... see here.

I am aware of their being talk of Quad SLI motherboards supporting four video cards, but that seems very unlikely that an OEM manufacturer would want to be support quad video card systems.

Anandtech has pics. They are 4 cards. Each in a master slave setup. And then both masters are connected to plug into the the dual x16 slots.