Lang Folder in i386.. can it be deleted?

ok tried searching for this, both on the forums and on google.. but can't find a good result.

the question is.. can the Lang folder in the i386 folder be deleted? if so do you lose the ability to see german/chinese/russian/etc.. characters when browsing the net?

The LANG folder contains all of the user interfaces for languages other than English (or, for localized versions, languages other than the localized version). These languages are for the user interface, they aren't the MUI's (IE or Office) nor the IE language packs for viewing different character sets in IE. If you don't plan on changing your OS language from the original, you can safely delete this folder.

thanks for the replies even though one of you says yes keep it and one says no delete it lol. i had a gut instinct that it was for the OS languages, not the IE languages.. so i'll delete this folder. since i don't plan on learning any other languages lol.

I am testing to delete the LANG folder in I386 on a non english version OS.

(XP Proff dutch).

Let you know soon if everything goes well.

***UPDATE***

Still installing, almost at T-12 now and still no errors.... Thumbs up...

*** Second update ***

Installation finished and working so,should be N.P

Edited by ivwolferen

I've had no problems totally deleting that complete Folder to reduce size as I've done for a year or better. I use Firefox and have seen no ill effects.

Makes me no diff since I can go DVD but for the Cd Install's

Yes 98mb is a whole lot of space to regain isn't it.

yeap wanted more space :) i've done about 5 test installs on my VMWare, and it works perfectly and haven't seen any side effects either.

99 megs for languages on a CD that holds 700 megs is a lot of space. and i'd rather install other programs then install languages i'll never use. although i could always go to DVD's.. but don't want my DVD drive to crap out on me and be screwed.

Yup, exactly. As far as uA goes, I prefer CD to DVD anyday.....

And about LANG folder, the MSFN uA guide has said since 3 years that it can be safely deleted... :P

Yes I know that

And these as well with no Ill effects

WIN9XMIG

WINNTUPG

DOCS

SUPPORT

DOTNETFX - If you adding a new version

VALUEADD

And both these also if you not Installing Recovery Console

COMPDATA

WIN9XUPG

and even