internet explorer 7

wolf7448

internet explorer 7  

148 members have voted

1. 1. ...like it or hate it?

• love it
    • like it
    • hate it

I voted I like it, but I don't use it much anymore. :blushing: IE 7 Beta 1. I feel MS canceled Xmas because they promised IE7 Beta 2 on 7th December. They must have remembered Pearl Harbor and bombed out! Stinkers.

Got ieFrame.dll update (or alternative) from somewhere that makes Beta 1 look more like Vista version.

Like using it, but can't now live without my Firefox 1.5 plug ins. Especially InFormEnter. :w00t: PC World have written IE 7 will have thumbnail views of all open tabs in one view, so I emailed them about foXpose for FF. I'm not sure if this is really useful, or just a flash gimmick.

Anyway, there still appears to be serious security flaws in IE. Pity, because I tend to favor it overall. I just can't use it at present.

Anyone here used Maxthon on IE 6? Does that remind you of IE 7?

Judge for yourself ..

post-57434-1136914693_thumb.jpg

Not quite the same. [The toolbar wallpaper I put in with X-Setup Pro.]

It's been OK, but you have to right click and tick "Standard Buttons" and "Links" when you first use it. I'm using it now, but for the first time in ages, and I'm not going to the wild side of town tonight. Running out of monthly Mb allotment.

[Not that I ever go to the dark side of town.] {Not that there's anything wrong with that.}

I think a lot of people had trouble because they tried to install IE7 B1 alongside IE6, just in case -
AND
we now know that
two Internet Explorers
on the same PC DO NOT GET ALONG!

So, Microsoft pulled the download links that they had allowed to LEAK (by them.) They also had to release some sort of patch. I don't have it; auto-updates on; because I installed over IE6.

HELL! You only live once. Take a chance..

-----

We have received scattered reports of users experiencing odd browser behavior after installing our most recent
. Some of you have reported opening a browser window that promptly hangs IE, others have reported opening links that render blank, and finally we have reports of multiple windows opening when initiating a browser session. After investigating several of these reports, we have traced these issues to a common source.

If a user has ever attempted to run IE7 Beta1 in an unsupported side-by-side configuration with a version of IE6, IE7 Beta1 puts a registry key on the machine the first time a user executes the IE7 version of IEXPLORE.EXE. This key is part of an normal IE7 installation on XP, and will not be configured correctly if an unsupported side-by-side install is used. When IE7 is installed using the installer, the key should be removed properly upon uninstall. A machine can also load this registry key and not remove it during a failed IE7 installation.

To address this issue on a machine running IE 6 SP1 with our most recent security update, locate and delete this entire key from the registry of the affected machine: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c90250f3-4d7d-4991-9b69-a5c5bc1c2ae6}. If you are running IE7 Beta1 in a side-by-side scenario with another version of IE, this is not a supported scenario. Please uninstall and reinstall IE7 Beta1 in the recommended manner.

Thank you all for your blog comments reporting this incident. Your valuable feedback allowed us to locate this issue in IE7 Beta1 and investigate how to prevent the problem in future.

- Jeremy Dallman

posted by
with

Edited by Press any key

So you are disagreeing with me....but thats fine because I have personally not used IE 7 only bits and pieces of info scrounged from IEblog and other places. But whate features does IE7 have besides security that Maxthon on IE6 does not have?

:whistle: i ran ie 7beta 1 for about a month i liked the tabbed browsing but i too have used mathon before and i found i was so use to ie 6 that it was a little confusing because my brain was trained to run ie from 4.0 right up .ill wait for the final in sp3 and watch beta 2 devlopement and see where the anti phising goes.

Well I've never used it, but by looking at the screenshots, I must say I'm not too impressed by the layout. Why didn't they put the toolbar at the top of the window?

Didn't I hear that IE7 is going to be compatible with Windows XP and Vista only? What about the older versions of Windows?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...