[Release] Adobe Shockwave Player 11.0.0.465

Shark007

thanx a lot but why when i try to download the shockwave plugin for firefox i receive an exe file with the icon of an html page? Don't work for me:(:(

In my signature are 2 repository URL's.

I've only uploaded the corrected files to the MAIN repository. The MIRROR does not have the updated files yet.

To those that don't already know, I use dialup, connect @ 2.6kps, and it is extremely slow...

for instance, a 1MB file is a 15min file transfer experience...

Thank you very much shark! As for the speed = Danm thats slow :(

Shockwave Player 10.3.0.24 is now availlable for download on Adobe's site.

Can you make a new pack with this installer?

The Adobe Shockwave Player v10.3.0.24 from the Adobe web site does NOT install under Windows 2000. I get "procedure [GetSystemWow64DirectoryA] not found in kernel32.dll file" error message during install, then quits. Adobe's installer is flawed, bigtime. why it doesn't work is beyond me. But I've tested it in Win98, WinME, WinXP and WinVista and found no problems with the install. I'm sending my complaints to Adobe about their shockwave player 10.3.0.24 not installing under Win2k ASAP. :angry:

Check out the Shockwave System Requirements page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwavepla...nfo/systemreqs/

It mentions Win98, WinXP, Win2003, Vista but not Win2000.

I'll try Shark's shockwave installer under Win2k, if I can find it.

Edited by erpdude8

Ok. here was the error message I got when attempting to install Adobe Shockwave v10.3.0.24 player on Windows 2000 from the Adobe web site:

post-37246-1202325964_thumb.jpg

and the rest of the installation is stopped. pitiful, isn't it?

But using Shark's version of the Adobe Shockwave 10.3.024 MSI installer from his web site worked perfectly under Win2k.

Big kudos to Shark007 for making an MSI package that works, unlike what Adobe did.

I don't want to download the final switchless package.

Can any body tell me the switches or commands to be used in a batch file (NO AutoIT) to get Shockwave installed without Toolbar. It doesn't matter if there is a silent command to uninstall the Toolbar afterwards. I think closing the browser after the installation can be easily done by taskkill.exe or process.exe.

It would be nice if someone can post a sample of the batch file.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
The mozilla plugins are made available (via the systems registry) as required and do not need to be separately installed as they were in the past.

If I install ShockWave Player before Opera or Firefox those registry will be written?

If I install ShockWave Player before Opera or Firefox those registry will be written?
Did i not explain this well enough?
The mozilla plugins are made available (via the systems registry) as required and do not need to be separately installed as they were in the past.
It doesnt matter if you install the mozilla browser before or after using my shockwave installer, the plugins will be available to the browser without being installed separately. I only tested this with Firefox. If Opera needs it installed to its plugin dir, let me know and I will make a switchless installer available for opera's plugin.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Thanks Shark bro
:thumbup
does the msi accepts switches or is it switchless? i don't find any info on the repository.
Its a basic MSI accepting all msi switches.

Once again I have the need to remind people that all the provided installers found on my repository intended audience is those seeking to re-authoring thier personal installation media (msfn users). With this in mind, my installers do not deal with existing system scenario's such as upgrades etc.

To directly answer the PM query;

FOR DESKTOP INSTALLATIONS PLEASE USE THE MANUFACTURERS INSTALLER

If you're using this installer on an in use desktop system be sure you have uninstalled previous versions and deleted/removed np32dsw.dll from the mozilla browsers' \plugins folder.

Edited by Shark007

• 2 months later...
Guest rizen

Is there a way to get this to work on Windows 2000? your 10.3.0.24 installer worked but the shockwave 11 doesn't.

:unsure:

Guest rizen
Have you tried using the MSI .. it is available in the text below the exe.

The MSI didn't work either.

I get the same error: "Shockwave Error: $1,

One or more Shockwave files are missing."