Easy Creator 5

Franke

Hello there!

I have this friend who installed Easy Creator 5 on his XP and now he got conflict somehow,and his CD-Rom is not working.Even when he delete it,xp find his cdrom but cant install it or do anything!Driver for cdrom lets say D: he cant se in "My computer".

He deleted also that progy,but still same prob!Did also tryed last good known configuration,but nothing happends! Do he really HAVE to reinstall winXP?

Easy Creator 5? Bad move, should only use version 6 and up. Version 5 has allot of troubles with XP...To fix the problem have you tried looking in the device manager, completely removing everything listed under cd-roms and then get the new drivers for the cd-roms from the manuf website.

Also try to install the latest aspi drivers, that might help as easy creator messes with those.

Well, X, I've been using version 5 on XP Pro for about a year without problem...It isn't the Platinum version tho. It's the Basic OEM version, and has had the patches run from the Roxio site and (maybe I've just been lucky) it's worked fine.

Now Franke,

There are Upper and Lower filters in the registry that may be causing the drive not to show up under "My Computer". Randomly when the Roxio SW is removed they will disappear until the filters are deleted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlset\Control\class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Both the upper and lower filters can safely be deleted, then restart. The optical drive/drives should reappear then.

As always be careful in the registry, and good luck!

In my experience Easy CD 5 as well as the Plat has been a very inconsistant application. On some Xp machines, it works perfectly, while on others it has caused endless problems and even system failure. Because of this I generally reccomend staying away from it and using Nero, i find it to be one of the better burning apps out there, without all the fluff

=Drew

Nero all the way. ezcd is ok, but once i upgraded to xp and my copy didnt work i went to nero full time. but if u really want to fix the problem upgrade to ver 6. even if ver 5 has been working for u, a slight change in the registry could screw your whole system