How to separate sound from music ?!

xtremee

Hi all,

i wanna to know what is the progam that i can use to separate sound of singer from the music and can remix it with another music.

-Also, i wanna to know what is the program that can change sound of the person(i.e. if u c "Brave father" film for "Mill gebson" the policeman who kidnippe his son was telling him in stringe sound) what is this program or how i can get this sound !

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Xtremee

You have to realize that flat music formats (WAV, MP3, AAV, etc etc) have the sound meshed together just like how a multi-layered image gets flattened to GIF or JPG.

There is a way, but you won't like the results very much at all, the ONLY way to remove singing from a song is to mute those frequencies. You can actually do this already with WinAmp, just use the equalizer and turn down the left-most and right-most bars, and keep working your way to the center until you remove most of the non-singing sound.

Please note you WILL NOT have an acapella version of the song, nor will doing this in reverse give you a karaoke version. All you are doing is making the music or the singing quieter but you are also damaging the song's sound.

Once you have done this, just use WinAmp's WaveOut playback to write a .WAV of the song.

Well I said, you won't like the results.

You can't extract singing from music or vice versa any better than if you took a picture of a wall and wanted to get what's behind the wall, the data doesn't exist.

There is hardware that can do a slightly better job, and probably software too, but no matter what, the results are always going to be craptastic.

Edited by travisowens

1st alot of thanks for all, :hello::hello:

You can't extract singing from music or vice versa any better than if you took a picture of a wall and wanted to get what's behind the wall, the data doesn't exist

Ok

Can u tell me How DJ make there songs! (i.e. Remaix songs)

of course theyr using a software for that but theyr not editing a music like what ur thinking :lol: ... they have the original instrumental music & then they add effects

Edited by slimzky

There is hardware that can do a slightly better job, and probably software too, but no matter what, the results are always going to be craptastic.
On the side of hardware... if you have an AC'97 chipset it has a "Voice Cancelation" feature that will (sort of) do what it says. But it is impossible to remove the voice without degrading the music.

as a kid i always dreamed that when i was older they would finally start releasing music on a media big enough to actually layer each sound, instead of meshing them together in one song.

wouldnt that eb BRILLIANT?! you just..hit the guitar button and all you hear is guitar. or the voice?

they could do it too. it would be so easy to do...

hey, wheres that guy who wants to write software for free?

There are several softs that are removing vocals. Google for "vocal remover". You should find them all. They don't perform miracles though but sometimes they can do a nice job. Look around for karaoke software as well. Also there are a few VST effects plugins aiming at doing that. Can't say which ones at the moment.

• 1 month later...

@All

Thanks for replying :hello:

Does any one know a good program that can change sounds

(i.e. if any one see SAW movie part I or part II , Gon is used to change his sound and record it in tapes for his vactuim ) i wanna to get this sound.

Hope any one can help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@eidenk

1st thanks for ur reply :hello:

There are several softs that are removing vocals. Google for "vocal remover". You should find them all. They don't perform miracles though but sometimes they can do a nice job. Look around for karaoke software as well. Also there are a few VST effects plugins aiming at doing that. Can't say which ones at the moment.
i downlaod one and it is good enough (Not Bad)

Thanks again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reagrds,

Xtremee

Edited by xtremee