Virtual CD-RW/DVD-RW

LiquidSage

I know of no software that allows for a Virtual CD-RW/DVD-RW.

Last I checked, it was dismissed as a pointless joke or impossible.

Anyone know of anything that might be in development at this point?

What's the use? ??? :( Try UltraISO "UltraISO is a ISO CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool , it can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly make ISO files from your CD/DVD-ROM or hard disk."So...???? :wacko:

I'm with Ripken here.. use Daemon Tools.. hasn't failed me once.

why would you need to write to a virtual DVD/CD?? if you have an iso just burn it to a CD/DVD like normal... or mount it and the comp doesn't even know the diffrence..

Sometimes I feel a bit lazy when making Acronis Boot Discs (CD type), or any other program that requires a dvd/cd -rw to use a given feature (ex.. ACDSee slideshows. DVD-VR, certain backup and installer apps that require a RW disc to proceed). Also, I don't feel like always having to use an actual cd/dvd to make multisession discs that I can tweak & test while preserving the tracks. (Nero & CDRWIN can only do so much). Using editing software that utilizes UDF packet writing or dvd-vr would be nice as well.

The replies to this are expected as most see it a pointless joke, but as a person on the go, I prefer to use as few discs as possible and enjoy the fast mounting and access of a virtual disc. Even with all the Virtual CD, burners, and Image editing prog's out, there are some things that still require an actual disc. I don't always have a RW on hand though

If only they could be edited directly like a virtual floppy...

May seem foolish to most of you, but hey, that's fine with me. I'd just be a happy fool who can mess with things easier and not wait for the burn progress bar to complete as often.

I personally use Virtual Drive. It is now in its 10th version. Never had a problem and flawlessly bypasses any copy protection. (Great if you want to run games off HDs for good performance and CD/DVD protection and extending your Drives lifespan)

PS: Its from Farstone.

@LiquidSage - I completely agree. I'd be nice to be able to make ISO files without needing to use a physical CD from Acronis products or the like. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think it's silly. ;)

Sorry to say, I don't know of any such programs... :(

Edited by Zxian