Vista Beta 2 Dead

Aegis

RC = Release Candidate which means feature complete, but possibly containing bugs.

Despite the fact that Beta 2 has been pushed back, rumor has is that we will see a December CTP that is near feature complete and the RTM (released to media) date has not been pushed back.

In short, this is another sensational piece of "journalism" from the Inq. It means absolutely nothing to the end user and will not affect the quality of RTM.

RC yes = Release candidate : usually 2 successive versions

Only diffrence between it & Beta is Developing new Feature has ceased (stopped) and RC is the stage of just Bug Fixing.

BTW: it 'd better be delayed so that we shouldn't have an immature stuff.

RTM (released to media)

I should point out that RTM means "release to manufacturing," that is, that they send copies to computer manufacturers so that they can put it on new computers. I think Vista's RTM is supposed to be sometime at the end of third quarter 2006, or beginning of fourth quarter?

Looking at the channel9 vids on Vista, it would sure be a shame if MS botches this really impressive looking OS by making it buggy as heck because they lost a beta.....and thus the chance to squash more bugs. I would rather they have a whole years worth of betas and so forth and give extra time than having to wait to get a copy of Vista with a Service Pack.