Super Windows XP SP1 CD :-)

My Super Windows XP w/SP1 CD has the following features:

The Setup will create a single Partition on the primary

hdd and format it using NTFS.

All applications & hotfixes have been compressed using winrar

\$oem$\$1\install\apps.rar (95mb)

\$oem$\$1\install\hotfix.rar (33.5mb)

In addition to all pre-sp2 hotfixes being installed... setup also silently installs the following applications:

WinRAR v3.20 Corporate Edition

DirectX v9.0b

Windows Media Player 9

Alcohol 120% v1.46.711 Multi-Language Retail

Ahead Nero 6.0.0.11 Ultra Edition

Hacked UXTHEME.DLL

Kazaa Lite K++ Edition v2.4.2

K-Lite Codec Pack FULL (includes BSPlayer v0.8)

Total Commander v5.50

Microsoft JavaVM - Build 3809

Microsoft JavaVM Update to 3810

Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1

WGET v1.9 Beta w/SSL Libraries

SecureCRT v4.08

Winamp v2.91 Full (And sets proper file associations 100% SILENT)

mIRC v6.03

MISC:

No MSN Exprlorer installed

Disabled Error Reporting

Disabled Automatic Updates

My Computer, My Network Places, & My Documents Icons on the desktop

Default Classic Windows Theme

Removed Windows Update Shortcut

Removed Windows Catalog Shortcut

Removed Set Program Access & Defaults Shortcut

Included Drivers:

NViDIA Detonator v45.23 WHQL Signed

ATi Catalyst v3.6 Driver Suite & WDM Capture Driver

Total size: 526mb

I've yet to test the drivers portion of the cd, but all other features work properly. If anyone has questions or can help me with verify that my drivers & winnt.sif are setup properly for 3rd party driver support, send me a pm... thanks :)

Allows you to choose hard disk and formatting options in text-mode setup then proceeds to...

Run Setup in GUI mode without user interaction.

could you just tell me how you did this?

i've got my own unattended dvd (too much software for a cd :)) but i have to boot without unattend, create partitions, and then boot unattended

How did you compress them with winrar, do they uncompress automatically and install, or is there some user interaction?

I placed unrar.exe on the cd in \$oem$\$$\system32\unrar.exe, making the command available :) I'm not sure if making them self extracting files would be any better as far as compression, but I like to have unrar.exe in my path anyways.

ECHO Extracting Applications...
%systemdrive%\windows\system32\unrar.exe x %systemdrive%\install\apps.rar %systemdrive%\install

How did you compress them with winrar, do they uncompress automatically and install, or is there some user interaction?

I placed unrar.exe on the cd in \$oem$\$$\system32\unrar.exe, making the command available :) I'm not sure if making them self extracting files would be any better as far as compression, but I like to have unrar.exe in my path anyways.

%systemdrive%\windows\system32\unrar.exe x %systemdrive%\install\apps.rar %systemdrive%\install

I dont think this option would work, because it only works with winrar installed on the target system, so you could overcome this by installing winrar..

Sunil

I dont think this option would work, because it only works with winrar installed on the target system, so you could overcome this by installing winrar..

Sunil

Actually it works great :rolleyes: By placing unrar.exe into \$oem$\$$\system32 setup copies unrar.exe over to the %systemdrive%\windows\system32 during the installation :D And I have winrar 3.20 installing silently, with all the other apps I install after it has been extracted from apps.rar

Sunil

Actually it works great :rolleyes: By placing unrar.exe into \$oem$\$$\system32 setup copies unrar.exe over to the %systemdrive%\windows\system32 during the installation :D And I have winrar 3.20 installing silently, with all the other apps I install after it has been extracted from apps.rar

Ok, this would work because unrar.exe depends on winrar to do the actual decompressing. What I would like to know however, is how did you actually achieve the silent install of winrar..

Sunil