Rank System

Tarun

I remember there being some discussion about a reputation system a while back and it was turned down for a number of reasons.

One of the first that I could think of is that if I wanted to cheat the system, I could make a new account and use that to boost this account's reputation.

Simply put, it's hard to keep track of and manage. On the other hand, if there's enough support from the other mods/admins, then we can see what comes up.

keep post count but other than that i dont care. post count can give ppl authority. if someone like xper who has 9700 post has 1 solution to your question and someone with 5 posts has another solution, then you would prolly go with xper.
you took the words right out of my mouth! It kinda keeps people in line too, for example, you don't see a n00b flaming a Senior member or expert or of any higher rank very often, and if you do see it, it makes the n00b look really ignorant :P . Edited by WolfX2

No matter waht rank system is used it will have problems. The current rank system is good but is dependent on pist counts. This means for the people like me who dont express an opinion unless they think its valid, are left lower down the ladder. But then again, most rank systems cannot take into account the validity or informativeness of any posts.

But as was said before a rank system is required to give an idea of who to listen to.

keep post count but other than that i dont care. post count can give ppl authority. if someone like xper who has 9700 post has 1 solution to your question and someone with 5 posts has another solution, then you would prolly go with xper.

you took the words right out of my mouth! It kinda keeps people in line too, for example, you don't see a n00b flaming a Senior member or expert or of any higher rank very often, and if you do see it, it makes the n00b look really ignorant :P .

OMG :rolleyes:

You guys are really thinking that when a high post count is reached, nothing can be learnt ?

You guys are really thinking that the post count is directly proportional to the poster's experience ? (yeah, like maths at high scool : put experience on the X axis, post count on the Y axis, and draw a line that starts at 0,0... :blink: )

IMHumbleO, post count mainly reflects the poster's expressivity(*), regardless of its experience/professionalism/etc...

e.g. i was yesterday in the dayly top ten posters. but i'm far from an expert...

If you want to be seen like an expert, use this image as avatar. Guaranteed effect !

pipo.gif

++

(*) : babelfish translated