Get RID of it! >.<'

Daemonforce

I'm really getting sick of this crap. Windows Messenger is useless to me and any hotmail/MSN user right now because it is outdated and there is a new message service version available. Windows Messenger is not approriate for packaging in corporate redistribution, it likes to hide silently in the background, it used to be a must for MSN Messenger installation(maybe still is) and it's driving me nuts because it needs security fixes! >.<' I want to get rid of this junk once and for all. I've tried removing the setup info from TXTSETUP.SIF and removing the cab and CAT files but the unattend installation wants the files anyway. Is there any way to manually get rid of this garbage so it doesn't exist without screwing up anything else?

Did you install MSN Messenger.. Worse case scenario.. go to tools preferences and uncheck load when windows starts..

I uninstall it from add/remove components every time i get a new machine from dell for my clients and it never comes back.. try it again.

The only way to unintall default Windows Messenger is:

Start run command (or command prompt) and copy paste the following:

Start /wait RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Pawan Yadav :thumbup

Start /wait RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Look at the program "XPlite" if you wish to delete XP components [actually hidden I think since you can recover them].

GeneK

:)

Look at the program "XPlite" if you wish to delete XP components [actually hidden I think since you can recover them].

GeneK

Thanks...I already got it this morning in the Unattend forum. -_-'

If only there was a way to completely wipe it from the disc as if it never even existed...:(

XPlite p***es me off. It's just another noob-admin program like BartPE....Except it's legal and doesn't suck. Maybe it would be a good answer. =/

Edited by Daemonforce

GeneK

Thanks...I already got it this morning in the Unattend forum. -_-'

If only there was a way to completely wipe it from the disc as if it never even existed...:(

XPlite p***es me off. It's just another noob-admin program like BartPE....Except it's legal and doesn't suck. Maybe it would be a good answer. =/

Well see, there you go... you might want to consider searching better next time... you can use nlite to remove it completly from the cd :)

DaemonForce, a new version of nLite was just released and I consider it a milestone in nLite's history. Once you realize the power of it and it's benefits to your OS, you'll be surprised. Don't be so tempered towards things in Windows, far worse things in life. Cheers.

DaemonForce, a new version of nLite was just released and I consider it a milestone in nLite's history. Once you realize the power of it and it's benefits to your OS, you'll be surprised. Don't be so tempered towards things in Windows, far worse things in life. Cheers.

I'm not tempered...I just don't like it. ;)

*clicky*

RrRrRrRrAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaWwWwWwRrRrRrRrR!!!eleventy >.<'

:rolleyes:

I'll look into it. I have RC0 right now.