heads up..another MS f***up...

-.-PhanTom-.-

Yeah.. it is only a f$*k up if you are looking for a f$*k up. I too deployed to to many machine without a problem.. and the best part of all.. that virus that people are writing for the hole and MS patched.. wont effect my systems now...

If this event truly screwed up your systems.. complain.... explain your problem and maybe we can fix it. if you are just looking for another reason to trash MS.. switch your OS and find a linux board to post on.

lol, i think its funny, that people make out there is a second choice.

not for gamers, you have one choice windows.

wine is not an option either.

when you've been raised on windows, linux is like dos, but even if you know dos, linux is still 100X as hard to setup and learn.

and yes its fair to blame m$ for f$*k ups, cause its there os, there code, there fault simply put.

but in the end, who cares, if it didn't break your system, then there isn't really a reason to care.

Linux aint like dos man! True linux is hard as heck to setup right but its only hard the first time. there is an excellent community and excellent documentation. But yes the lack of user friendliness and softwares mainly games is the worst part of having a Linux box! And MS has not f***ed up this time because this is sort of an isolated incident and I am sure MS does not have every possible hardware and software configuration out there in their testing labs. I have not heard of anyone yet of having any issues as pointed out in the KB articles.

Edited by suryad

lol, i think its funny, that people make out there is a second choice.

not for gamers, you have one choice windows.

wine is not an option either.

when you've been raised on windows, linux is like dos, but even if you know dos, linux is still 100X as hard to setup and learn.

You have alot to learn my windows friend :lol:

Linux detects more hardware and supports more hardware than windows does... but for windows, it has a lot of more "nagware" programs...

But anyways, ontopic... Sure MS fuzzed up, but they have a patch... got a leak, patch it, fixed... until another hole appears.... i don't think anybody should complain about MS fuzzing up... like chilifrei64 said... it is only a fuzz up if you are looking for a fuzz up.

my main problem with linux, is they dont join forces, and make something nice like osx.

i would pay for it too.

but microsofts biggest mistake was not using the code verifier with xp's code, like they are using with vista.

Edited by gdogg

"Linux detects more hardware and supports more hardware than windows does... "

Bullcrap. Also how many of the thousands of games out will run on linux???

Shows how much you know! Go out to any website where people are using Linux and you will find that they have components since pre-Pentium 2 days and they are running fine with drivers for Linux...Linux has overtaken and had overtaken hardware support over XP for a few years now! Where were you all this time?

my main problem with linux, is they dont join forces, and make something nice like osx.

i would pay for it too.

but microsofts biggest mistake was not using the code verifier with xp's code, like they are using with vista.

True being open source Linux does not have standard but only in terms of the DE development. Overall in the kernel area which is the crucial part there is a good organization with Linux heading it. I dont know if they can make something usable as OS X but I believe it could be just a matter of time. There are a lot of distros out there and so there is no lack of choice. If you want to build your system for optimum performance on scratch there is Gentoo, LFS, Slackware, Arch Linux and so on. If you want it to work right out of the box there is Ubuntu, Suse, RedHat and so on.

As for the code verifier, I dont know where you got that information from but the reason why XP does nto crash as 98 did is because MS DID use an automated stress test tool. Given the size of the OS you really think people manage it without automated software stressing tools?

Has anobody tried adding this hotfix (KB902400) to an Unattended XPSP2 install CD/DVD?

In my case, it breaks up windows - badly (IE doesn't work, updates won't work etc).

I understand your points about it "not being MS's fault if somebody has messed with their registry and/or ACL" and the hotfix then creates problems.

As I see it, MS managed to release a BUNCH of hotfixes that work perfectly when slipstreamed into a XP SP2 media, this is the first to FAIL miserably.

Oh well, maybe they'll release a new version of KB902400. Soon, I hope - I like to keep things neat, so even ONE hotfix that can't be applied into installation media is ONE too many for me! :)

First, disclaimer, I work for MS enterprise support.

Second, you remove the everyone group from a critical permission location, and that's what happens. Stuff breaks. At least replace it with some other user group that's more secure (at least Authenticated Users).

And last, yes, I've added hotfix 902400 to my XP install source without issue. Are you using something like nLite or some other tool, or just using the /integrate switch? Perhaps I can help.

Edited by cluberti