WPI Virus?

My AVG just updated and did a scan of my entire computer.. As it does every sunday. However this time, it came across my WPI folder and found a virus.

Now at first I did not believe that Audio.exe was a Trojan Horse (Generic.BOO). So I downloaded the RAR file again, directly from this site. Again and again, audio.exe is detected as a Trojan Horse.

So now I say.. excuse me?

I just scanned my version with the latest ESet definitions and i doesn't report anything, what AV scanner are you using? from what you describe in your post i'd say your AV settings have changed to something more agressive and it's now detecting the Audio.exe as a potential virus, check your AV heuristics settings and such.

Pebbles

I use AVG Antivirus.. it has updates every few days. Extremely reliable!

@engjcowi - No viri are on my computer, I run scans every week. I downloaded a fresh version directly off this site to make sure I wasn't crazy. And the moment I scanned that rar file, AVG found audio.exe to be a virus.

Trojan Horse (Generic.BOO)

@p388l3s - My AVG Virus definitions just updated.. and that is when it found audio.exe to be a virus. I will check the most recent release log.

Well none of my AV software found anything, Siginet had a similar problem with his Tools and I think XPero did at on time too. There is no need to worry ;) it will be a false alarm, Kel is very busy on other projects at the moment so Pm him if your concerned

Edited by glent

I am stilll here everyday. No known or confimed viruses in WPI. However, we have had false positives before.

This most likely is a false positive, but I also use AVG AntiVirus and I thought a screenshot might help you figure this out.

WPI_Virus.jpg

You know I had the same happen with antivir around the same time as this thread started, I assumed it was a false positive, ( can't remember if I submitted to them or not) but with the lastest version and current update, and heuristics turned to max, still no hit.

So if you are still getting this then you do need to update. Antivir does get a lot of false positives with heuristics turned above low

$#@%$%$#@ers I need a **** serial number just to contact AVG support!!!

Here's a link to the free version of AVG AntiVirus. The install will automatically generate a serial number for you. Once the install package displays the serial number, you can cancel the install. That will allow you to contact supprt.

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5