Age of Empires 3 is rocking, now where's the cheats?

prathapml

Hey ya all,

As you might have known, Age of Empires III has come out. Been playing it since October 10th...

Its cool, wonderful in so many ways. It ROCKS, and moreover i already was a fan of well-made real-time strategy games like AOE3.

Now, the problem is that i got it too soon. :P

Google searches turn up nothing. Does anyone know any cheats for aoe3 ?

Please post links or the cheats, in here.

Also, do post your thoughts about the game, and how it was, whether u liked it, etc...

Maybe some of them are similar in AOE3 to what they were in AOE1, 2? You could try, might get lucky. For now, I guess you'll have to wait until it's "officially" released (not leaked, lol) and cheats will be posted on every gaming site. :P

I've already said it!

There's nothing illegal that's happening here, now will you please quit saying so repeatedly?

As for game. I've challenged myself. Finished the entire 3 acts - once in "sandbox" level & once in expert. Played 10 skirmishes. Now its getting boring. Need some fun. WHERE'S THE CHEAT CODES :lol:

Ah, thanks oldwolf, thats interesting!

Age Of Empires III [cheats]dit resources:

Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "proto.xml" file in the "data" directory in the game folder. Note: You may first need to uncheck the "Read Only" attribute of that file's properties in Windows Explorer. Search for the text "CrateOf". You will find CrateofFood, CrateofCoin, CrateofWood, CrateofFoodLarge, CrafteofCoinLarge, and CrateofWoodLarge. For all these entries, find the tag "InitialResourceCount" and change the count to whatever desired. For example, the normal crates each have "100.000" of the resources. You can change the "100" to "99999.000", etc. Make sure you do this for all the crates; sometimes a map will give you a large crate of something, and smaller ones of something else, etc. This works best because every map you play in campaign or skirmish starts you with some "crates" of resources, which your settlers will gather out. This will edit the crates to have huge amounts of resources in them. However, it still takes a long time to get the resources out of the crate for the settlers, because there are so many. If you are impatient, search for "Settler" in the "proto.xml" file and find the tag for GatherCrate. Change the value to whatever desired, preferably something very high (for example, "99999"). They will pull the resources out of the crate instantly.

-from Victor Tan.

I'm still on the lookout for cheats!

Hey, I didn't check it out but www.gamewinners.com is a good place to go. It has every game i've ever looked for.

*edit* Um, I just checked it out and it has the very same thing that was posted earlier.. my bad ;) ;)

Edited by itdude59