Hows About An Irc Channel

Doggie

MSNwar, its not that hard, once you downloaded Mirc you can seleect from a list of server where you will have to select any of the EFnet servers, then it'll ask you what channel to join, then put #msfn and hit enter.. its as easy as that..

I'm there and nobody else is :) Oh well, I'll idle there.

MSNWar:

Go to http://www.mirc.com/get.html and download mIRC.

Once installed, fill in your nickname and other information. Type into the Status window /server irc.efnet.org

If that server doesn't work, try irc.easynews.com or irc.limelight.us (two of my favorite EFnet servers)

Then type /join #msfn

Being a IRC vet, id say efnet isn't a good channel to start in. First off it has no chan services or nick services, therefore making it so that anyone can assume your name, and anyone can be an operator on your channel and deop everyoen and take over your channel, (ive seen it done) Best network would likely have at least chanserv and preferably nickservices.

SupaFly

* If you don't know the definitions of the above here are some

Chanserv - Allows one to register thair channel and assign operators/moderators to a list so that a set group will *always* be operators or moderators and won't allow a random person who happens to enter an empty room; say #MSFN , and be automatically opped without any checks.

Nickserv - Allows one to assign a password to their unique nickname and will not allow others to assume the name and do things in someone elses behalf.

Yeah, I thought the same, EFNet will only be temp area until we can find a good IRC community that supports Chanserv and Nickserv. Also some people have reported problems of connecting to various EFNet servers, so we will switch soon.

Ideas for other IRC Servers are welcome. :phone

• 2 weeks later...
It takes forever because it's on an overloaded slow-a** server. I offered to host it but nooooooooo.  :rolleyes:  :D

:D

lol u offered but tinker suggested a site before u even asked.. i would appreciate it if u asked again :D:rolleyes:.. the host has already gone down :)