Virus downloads

I did a search, but I didn't come up with what I was looking for. I'm not sure if this should belong in this section or not. Anyhow, I'm looking for actually websites that have a database of the latest viruses for download. It is very difficult to purposely get your hands on some viruses. Do anyone know of any specific websites where I can get my hands on like the Nimda, Bagle, etc... This is for testing purposes only, as I work for a software security company, and would like to put these viruses up against our product.

jcarle, on the front page, reviews a new MS product. In it, he describes how he infected his system. In the past, I have used AVG and it pops up with a warning when something tries to infect your system. Later, I would look in my cache, using IE, and there would be the .exe's, unopened. Have fun. !! :D

DL

You can find viruses on the internet, if you like you can ask many anti-virus companies and ask them...

I would be obliged to give a few links out, but based on this forum and this thread, its very illegal to host viruses on the internet!

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked anytime soon!

Another way is to post your e-mail address on some forum like google discussions.  Do away with any spam filter.  In a few weeks you'll start getting all the latest viruses.  Let your AV program quarantine them.

I'm using yahoo as my e-mail, and they will filter them out before I get a chance to get it. Besides that, there is no quarantining involved with the solution I run.

Uhm, I don't think anyone wants to deliberately infect their PC with viruses...

Except me of course.

You can find viruses on the internet, if you like you can ask many anti-virus companies and ask them...

I would be obliged to give a few links out, but based on this forum and this thread, its very illegal to host viruses on the internet!

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets locked anytime soon!

Yeah, all I was asking was for a few links to a couple of pages that did have viruses available. If you would like to PM me the links that would be great. The thread is all about testing, so, there are no harmful intentions in the topic of this thread.

I doubt that there are published web sites from which you can subject your computer to viruses, etc. But I'm sure if you contact the people at CERT with a professional purpose in mind they could point you in the right direction.

Another option is to simply subject your computer to the Internet with no firewall, anti-virus, or other protective measures set and let the mad mad world out there go to town on it.

Most ISP's don't offer antivirus as a standard e-mail feature. So load up Outlook Express with the appropriate settings, publish your email address to a few sleazy places, and let nature take its course.