iTunes 5, Localized with no quicktime...

seapagan

@posix:

Could you tell (or PM if you prefer) me where you found the 6.0.0.18 version you were talking about in the other thread please? That was my released version, and I'm interested to see how far it has spread from here ;)

ouf, i really don't know anymore. i quickly searched for it with google, downloaded and that was that.

sorry, i can definitely understand your curiousity.

ouf, i really don't know anymore. i quickly searched for it with google, downloaded and that was that.

sorry, i can definitely understand your curiousity.

No matter, thanks anyway ;) I found a few links on google, but they pointed to this forum and topic anyway, so not too bothered.

@all:

If you are having problems with installation and running of iTunes, make sure that you always reboot your computer after uninstalling itunes, BEFORE installing again. This is one of the major causes of problems - services will not install properly, and the installer may try to run again.

@Dumpy Dooby:

Let me know when you can what the iTunes error was and I'll take a look. Regarding the QT-alt error, that is probably unrelated to the iTunes. Never tried to change the file assocs for that myself though.

SP

Updated to iTunes Version 6.0.2.23, standard and silent installer. Sorry Rikgale, I did the silent one myself this time, cos I want to try out something new ... ;)

Links are updated on the first post.

SP

'Tis ok. What did you try?
Just a custom exe to replace the batch file. It runs the installer silently (with switches) then waits until it's complete before terminating itself. No need for cmdnow etc with this method, and bypasses the problems some people were having with the batch compilers I used to use.

So far it is hardcoded for the iTunes installer, but the eventual aim is to have a silent proggie that runs a specified batch file silently, waiting until it completes.

SP

could you check the link...everytime I goto download the silent one, I get redirected to a "page not found"
I just checked both the links using FireFox and IE, downloaded no problems, so not sure what the issue is. I'd only guess they are checking redirects, or maybe something in your setup is causing it to fail? Sorry I cant be of more help. If you cant get either of them, I'll upload them both again to rapidshare, keeping the original links too.

SP

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Edited by evilvoice

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.

Dunno what the deal is with that, cant remember seeing that exact error message before. I'll upload both the Rapidshare and put the links alongside the old ones. Gimme 10 mins or so.

Hmmm ... dont suppose you are using IE7 BETA are you? Maybe some of it's protocols are broken. These sorta sites tend to have whacky redirects and coding.

Anyone else have any problems downloading?

SP

I don't have an option to uninstall. No link is created in Start Menu. And it doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs. How awkward. :\

Also, when I try to install Nero 7 (from the "only the basics" thread), I get a weird error saying it's looking for iTunes.msi. But if I install Nero 7 first, then iTunes will say it needs Nero.msi. I'm just nabbin' the iTunes 7zip, and I've compiled my own 7z SFX silent installer. Hopefully it works.