[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

the realy question is why? there is xplite to remove components - tomorrow you decide you need for example dreamweaver and guess what, odbc connectivity is crippled because you removed components and your php website will never be built, not on your windows anyway (xplite just puts them back) ..

as far as unsecure windows components - use a firewall, an antivirus and an html filter and you cannot get anything, even from the internet; not to mention if you don't use iexplorer. I used to play around when I was younger as well but soon realized that there is no point .. not to rain on your little parade or anything ;p ;)

the realy question is why?  there is xplite to remove components - tomorrow you decide you need for example dreamweaver and guess what, odbc connectivity is crippled because you removed components and your php website will never be built, not on your windows anyway (xplite just puts them back) ..

as far as unsecure windows components - use a firewall, an antivirus and an html filter and you cannot get anything, even from the internet; not to mention if you don't use iexplorer.  I used to play around when I was younger as well but soon realized that there is no point .. not to rain on your little parade or anything ;p ;)

please refrain from coming in here to post stuff to disrediting my project

if you dont like it, and have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all

if you dont understand , what this project is for, you never will

and btw, many virus you will get, on your computer , from lots of sources, will not be detectable by an antivirus, and once some are run, they immediatly, kill your virus definitions to make sure its not detected with updates

just some fun facts

lol

Edited by gdogg

just some fun facts
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=24318

son im not trying to discredit you or anything, all im saying is that it's a really stupid idea to begin with ;) but if you don't wanna listen go ahaid and waste time some more ;p if you really need windows with a small footprint, then windows 98se with windows 95 explorer shell will do the job for you - use 98lite Professional v4.7 and voila ..

Edited by nimda

:o wholly dog biscuits batman. whats the dude smoking .98lite 4.7 i got that but its nothing like the winx project.sure 98lite was sweet but it was 9x a nt microwindows might be handy to many.i bet your mom would luv to run xp on her 166mhz pacard bell,now she can less resources less filler. its not everyones cup of mushroom tea but the size the speed that cool logo is perfect for quick installs if u find u need something back well nlite it back but if your provide a list of removed components and there dependies you,d know if microwinx was for you. people once thought that themes were dumb look at xps it was their stongest selling point creativity must live just someone tell bill gates to lose that richie cunningham hairdo.

@nimda from all your posts, well maybe not all of them, but most of them, in the past 2 days

have been nothing, but telling people not to use stuff, or why is this happening and so on , really, who cares why an iso is smaller with nlite than slipstreaming yourself, :P

really man, before you go back to work, school, friends or whatever you normally do, know no one in this thread, is gonna listen to you, or what you have to say, cause honestly, everyone in this thread, is here, cause they are interested in this project, and nothing you say, will change that

not even a anti-virus, can promise virus immunity, cause not every virus, is know about at your time of infection,

even friends of mine with the most award winning anti-virus on the planet, nod32, get many new undeted virus' that kill there anti-virus

most of the time, 2-3 a month of them

this windows wasn't invented with other users in mind, it was invented, with , virus immunity, spyware immunity, and how to get a smallest windows possible on the begginning of my hard drive, which is the fastest part

wish me luck, i am setting up .cmd files today, im gonna be writing so much, i might loose feeling in my fingers

1/5 the way to done the remove file

Edited by gdogg

Question: Will you be using minlogon with this project, or not? If yes, Will fast-user switching be available? At the moment, I'm sharing my machine, and would love to test this project out when it's done, but I'll have to be able to share the machine no-matter-what for a while... then again, there's always VMWare...

Also, is there any need for more help? I've been known to sort out efficiancy problems with windows... and succeed...

;)