Keyboard

redder

@Andromeda43: I don't know how you use your keyboard but I don't need the Windows key to access my Start menu or run Windows Explorer with my keyboard, you can add keyboard shortcuts to every program shortcut in the start menu.

I'll look up on the IBM thing you said, but aparently it does not bother you at all to have that extra worthless key on your keyboard, it's not about the key having the windows logo, its annoying because it is there where it should be an empty space.

I can't find that IBM keyboard you talked about, the 101 keys keyboards I can find are old with a AT(I think thats what it is called) plug, I just think it is wrong to mess around with the international standards for one software product from one software company, I mean have you considered the manufacturers of another OSs? If you made a OS would you like it that the computers they were shipped to had a constant reminder of another OS?

Edited by vando2k

I've heard you can buy keyboards with Tux in place of the Windows logo. But really, it's pretty easy to just put a sticker on it, sand it off, remove it entirely or *gasp* ignore it.

Also, Win+R and Win+M are the 2 most useful shortcut keys in Windows EVER. (Also, tip for those without Windows keys: Ctrl+Esc. :-))

:w00t: *drool* *shorts out keyboard*

I have DREAMED of a keyboard like that first one. The only difference is it would be one big touch screen so the shape and size of buttons could be altered as well like on that second one (also awesome). Problem being touch screen keyboards/remotes/etc suck because they don't have tactile feedback; you can't feel the key being pressed, you're just poking at a flat surface. I can think of a possible solution but I don't think the technology exists yet.

As far as keyboards I'll ever be able to afford, though, I have a Compaq which is quite nice. Good shape and colour, several useful multimedia keys, Sleep key placed VERY far from the Escape key, up in the top right where it can't be accidentally pressed (on my old board it was right above Escape, so I always accidentally pressed it :angry: ), works well. Though I did have to hack coloured LEDs in place of the boring green ones, because it's more fun that way. :-p Also unlike some crappy keyboards the ink doesn't wear off right away. I got it used and have used the hell out of it and it's still totally readable. The only part I don't like is that Windows recognizes some of the multimedia keys wrong, mostly not at all, so I can't assign them to custom stuff unless I make my own driver. :-(

Also, emoticon limits blow. The lower the limit the more it blows. This board's reminds me of Katrina. <_<