Linksys & Internet Connection

• 3 weeks later...

the reconnects are usually related to a firmware problem in the Linksys. Its unlikey that they are releasing and renewing a DHCP lease a few times a day. Posible but not likey. Be sure you have all your connections tight and secure and be sure you are running the latest firmware. If those things are fine you could call you ISP and ask them if there are any problems in your area. If they says no, standard anser for all most anything, you might want to have they come out and test the connection and stuff... NOTE: Before you call them be sure to unplug your modem / router. Standard policy is that if they can see your MAC you are fine and it is a problem on your LAN. That reminds me... have you tried to do a staright conenction to one computer and see if disconnects and reconnects??

'Spoooooooon !!!!'

,Mar 15 2003, 10:51 AM] ...That reminds me... have you tried to do a staright conenction to one computer and see if disconnects and reconnects??

'Spoooooooon !!!!'

Yes, before I installed the router last year, everything was fine and it never disconnected on me...I was able to leave it on all day without having it disconnect...It might be the firmware since I never updated it when I got the router...I'll try fixing it when I get back from Mexico! :)