Need Offline browser

indianarchie

I need an application that will enable me to download an entire website to my hard disk. I need to be able to browse through the site offline at a later date. Now, I know about offline browsers, such as Offline explorer. What I need is, a similar application like that which can be run without having to install it to my computer. Can I get any help on this?

Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured download accelerator and manager. It is absolutely free! Using this software product you can easily download a list of files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never before!

Free Download Manager

*I would think it unlikely that it would change WWW links to use locally. Most people seem to link there other pageswith the full http://www.mypage.com/page2. <-- Note: dummy link example.

I used to just use page2 (or whatever the name) on my old sites. That would work offline. :yes:

You could use search and replace. ie. Replace all http://www.mypage.com/page2 with page 2.

Hi,

i would recommend you to use Teleport Pro from Tennyson Maxwell Software (www.tenmax.com). I use this Tool for years now, it's very reliable, fast and supports almost all HTML features (server side images, javascript, etc...)

Egon

I can only suggest Httrack, because of the many that I have tried this one is really good and free too!

@indianarchie It can run without installation, can give your pages saved which you can view in your browser.

Edited by clavicle