Here's some shell extensions...

• 3 weeks later...

MainSoft has some nice extensions.. haven't noticed them being mentioned

AttrMenu (version 1.0)

AttrMenu is a Windows Explorer Context Menu extension allowing direct access to a file's attributes. Much easier than using the Properties dialog box.

ExecParm (version 1.3)

ExecParm is another Context Menu extension for Windows Explorer. It allows you to run a program with parameters on the command line. Seems useless? Without ExecParm you'll have to go to the Start | Run... menu, remember the path for the executable and then enter the command line parameters. You'll see, ExecParm is much simpler, especially when used in conjunction with Clipname.

ClipName (version 1.2.3)

ClipName is also a Context Menu extension copying the full pathname of the right-clicked file to the clipboard. This new version supports copy of multiple filenames either as a space separated list or as a CRLF separated list. DOS filenames (8.3) can now also be copied as well as the URL encoded name and the UNC name for remote files. Version 1.2 now supports a Copy command for filenames without including any path, URL Encoding for multiple selections and <WORD> style encoding for Microsoft Word, Microsoft OneNote,...

http://www.mainsoft.fr/en/downloads.htm

hi spiritpyre,

Thank you for these greats extensions.

I'm using The "Hidden Files Toggle" and "Files Extension Toggle".

I would like to know if you could add a registry setting for the key used to refresh because this key is dependant of the user language interface...

In french ui, "R&efresh" is "Ac&tualiser" so the key used to refresh after the SHIFT+F10 would be "t" and not "e"... so a registry setting would be great !

thanks

donbi

@spiritpyre:

Thanks for those great extensions. Here are a couple of issue resolving:

- [edited] As for the refresh Hotkey (e), I'd go with Donbi saying that we, 'localized' aliens, have different hotkey for similar functions (in the french case, the 'e' doesn't refresh anything but opens the 'customize' tab of the properties dialog). That is specifically true for those underscored letters hotkey like this 'e'.

I just read somewhere else that you tried the F5 key and it didn't work (I just tried also and neither did it here). So yes, a Registry entry for that would be much needed so we can localize and use these extensions.

- second thing, IMHO, in the 'Add RegSvr32 & UnregSvr32.reg' file of your beloved 'ShExt DLL Package 1.0', the \" (escaped dblequote) are misplaced :

@="\"regsvr32.exe\" %1" should read @="regsvr32.exe \"%1\""

You don't need them arround the regsvr32.exe but depending on where is the dll, you might need it arround its path (%1).

Anyway, Thanks again for that great stuff.

Edited by Djé

• 2 weeks later...

donbi/Djé - done and done. - see first post, just got done updating everything.

and Djé - thanks for catching that error and letting me know, its been corrected.

To set the "refresh' hotkey for your local, you need to set this reg *value like so:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;--------
;-------- Set local "refresh key"
;-------- (only 1st letter will be used; case insensitive)
;-------- (only alpha-numeric digits will work)
;--------
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SpiritPyre Extensions]
"Refresh Key"="t"

*Also note that I changed the main subkey that everything is under as of v1.3, because I thought that "SpiritPyre Extensions" 1) is more descriptive and 2) would be easier to find/remember if people were looking for it in regedit 3) a lot less likely to overlap with another developer's conventions

I still hope to get rid of this shift+10+{e/t/?} junk eventually but I've been to busy lately and haven't even had time to check here in a while...

Edited by spiritpyre

Thank you very much Spiritpyre. I happen to check this thread today for the 1st time since posting and you've just replied. Lucky Strike !

Your extensions are now working like a charm. My C: drive can now look spotless clean at will :thumbup

May I now request a "CMD prompt here" extension for the folder background? :whistle:

And also, just another localisation trick:

If you want to change the somewhat cryptic "[un]RegSvr32" texts in the dlls menu to something friendlier you can add a default value to each of the shell key like:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\RegSvr32]
@="Your text here"

As an example here is my version of RegSvr32 & UnregSvr32.reg to perform this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\RegSvr32]
@="&Référencer"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\RegSvr32\Command]
@="regsvr32.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\UnregSvr32]
@="Dé-ré&férencer"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\UnregSvr32\Command]
@="regsvr32.exe /u \"%1\""

Aren't all those accents cute? I had to f***ing type the words in WORD to check the spelling!

Edited by Djé

I'd also suggest a minor modification and an improvement to the "AutomationSample.cmd" inside ShExtDlls_1.1:

- adding quotes to adress any location the dll may be (I use Program Files)

- Changing the setting from the command file:

FOR %%a IN ("%DLLPATH%*.dll") DO regsvr32.exe /s "%%a"

:==============================

: Custom Settings

:==============================

REGEDIT /S "%DLLPATH%Change Settings.reg"

Of course, an .inf file would be even better. But then, I should just use the installable versions of the extensions and shut my mouth ! :rolleyes:

can some one help me pls i cant seem to get any dills for the "Copy To' & 'Move To' in Shell Context Menu"

I think you don't need any dll.

Just adding the following lines to your regtweaks should be fine:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

@ Lost Soul - thanks. I'm hoping to crank out a lot more but I haven't even been able to finish my latest project because I've been pretty busy offline. here's hopin' though. :D

@ slimzky & Djé - Those don't sound too hard; both are basically just modifications of code from existing builds. Unfortunately, I've been having some problems with my main pc and had to reformat, so I haven't had time to reinstall Visual Studio yet.... but when I get time, I'll see what I can do. Also "AutomationSample.cmd" has been fixed and pack has been updated. As for the inf, I've never written one before but if you want to make one to throw in, I'll include it and give you credit. ;)

Edited by spiritpyre

Ask and you will obtain.

[Edit]I'm a bad programmer so those are currently in repair...

Here are french and english version of an .inf installer/uninstaller for your extensions.

It is easily customizable both for choosing the dll you want to use and for adapting it to other languages.

Features:

- copy the dlls in a folder inside 'Program Files'

- register the selected dlls (default to all)

- install custom strings for the toggle extensions

- add ability to register/unregister any dll (right-click)

(commands are localizable)

- add a full uninstaller for the above features in the add/delete progs control panel.

I tested it Ok on 2 machines but I'm an INF n00b so bug reports and improvement suggestions are welcome.

For usage, please RTFM at the beginning of the file.

Edited by Djé