Best AMD 939 Board

KamiQuazi

I don't want SLI just because i don't belive the specs im looking at is worth the extra 500 buck for a additional video card for a extra what 10% perfromance gain... and then think of the extra ram required to run them, along with more power... and the list is never ending so... i rather stay with a single until they can impress me more... but im gonna get away from my 32-bit AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (with a very slow FBS of 133 MHz, ok everyone laugh, I am so it is ok), but im am on a PCI Video Card... This board doesn't even have AGP... (now ur laughing)... ok... I want a board with a 16x PCI-E, and at least 4 PCI slot... SATA II, NForce 4, I want RAID (but i don't care if u find a board without it)...

@spazmire11:

****... a nice board... just entered into my considered box...

@ Everyone:

Anymore suggestion

:sneaky:

SLI is about to die off just as fast as it came onto the market. It costs too much to build SLI machines, and the technology is too young, not many people want to get into it. Or if they do, not by very much. The trend is changing instead to create video cards with dual GPU on the same card instead of SLI solutions. ATI and nVidia are both developing new dual GPU video cards.

actually sli is going away, but will be replaced by sli2. and the g71 and the r520 are suppose to be dual slot(not too sure what that means)

yes almost no one can afford sli and it hasnt even reached its full potential, hence sli2, but if u are a hardcore gamer then thats what its for

I never liked the whole SLI thing... it to my just made no sence in buy two cards linking them together when sooner or later Nvidia and ATI are gonna make dual-GPUs... and i can't wait... i'll prolly buy one of them over the SLI bullsh*t...

@Ripken204:

Ram i really don;t know much about... all i know is that i need DIMM and i want Dual Channel... I would rather have RAM that was desgined for overclocking since i want to overclock this system

Dual slot means the cooler takes up one PCI slot as its so big.

SLi isnt bullcrap either, there are no card VGA solutions out there which will un tre latest games at 1900 resolution and higher with all the eye candy and AA filtering. There are people who own dell/apple widescreen monitors and such that need SLi.

Although SLi has been too bugy with its vsync, and running atl ower than the monitors native resolution and such.

DFI board is good but it can be problematic, make sure you read up on it before you start building. Most cases needs 1 stick of memory in one of the dimms and to flash to one of the latest bios' although there are alot of bios' around becausea each type of RAM such as TCCD and BH-5 and the like have thier own bios to work best