about ram and cpu

BombaTwist

right now i have 256mb ram, and an amd athlon xp 2200+, it runs around 70*C most of the time, i heard that it dies like at around 80*C, if i put in another stick of ram which is 512mb, will this increase the temperature of the cpu? i just dont want it to overheat and die before i get my new CPU.

umm, im not using laptop hehe, im using desktop

oopps, sry. tahts what i get for reading posts at 2 in the morning, thats good ram for the price, i recommend that for any1 that does a custom pc build except for them to get 2x512

ok thanks everyone, and yea i was thinking to get 2x512 but maybe 512 now and the other later.

edit: oh yea another qquestion one hehe, im thinking about gettimg This AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 2500+ (45W) Barton 266MHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket A Processor and This MSI K7N2GM2-LSR Socket A (Socket 462) NVIDIA nForce2 IGP Micro ATX AMD Motherboard for my next cpu and mobo upgrade, what heatsink should i get? i want the xp-m to run around 40*C.

Edited by BombaTwist

err, i dont see them anywhere in newegg, the ALX800 isnt compatible with the MSI mobo i picked out and the SI-97 is compatible but i dont see it on newegg. =/, and newegg is pretty much where i do my computer part shopping. but they do look nice though, ill look at other stores. anymore?

edit: should i buy a seperate thermal compund thing for the heatsink/fan or use the one included in it? if buy a seperate, which should i buy?

Edited by BombaTwist

none of the zalmans work on the mobo i picked out. but i was thinking to get This Thermaltake Volcano 12 but im not sure if its compatible with my mobo.

EDIT: How About This MASSCOOL WhisperRock II 5F263B1M3 80mm Ball Cooling Fan, its got so many nice reviews, and is very cheap like this one for example,

Used this heatsink/fan with a Shuttle AN35N motherboard, AMD mobile 2500+ barton chip (overclocked to 2.2Ghz), 400Mhz Cosair Value Ram, and a Antec Sonata case. It's quiet and it is only showing 39c on full load (32c no load). I don't think I could ask much more from a $xx heatsink/fan. Great value!!
Put this on my Barton 2500+ and overclocked it to 3200+ on an A7N8X. Running at 40C as I type this. Very satisfied.

and This Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compund should work well with it.

also another question about the compund, if i order the heatsink/fan, is the thermal stuff already on the heatsink/fan or is it like in a tube like the arctic silver 5, if its already on the heatsink/fan, what is the proper way to clean it off?

Edited by BombaTwist

Just so you know, your current xp 2200 has some good OC potential if it is in fact a thoroughbred B chip. Your current cooling looks like it needs upgrading though because 70C is just way too hot.