XPize 4.0 MCE BETA 2

XPero

Another quicky, cant find an answer anywhere: Has XPize MCE beta 2 been updated since 3 weeks ago? I want to wait until the Windows Welcomes screen and a couple of other things change/improve, so if not when will it be updated a little / when will it next be updated / or even a next release whatever?

Edited by diddykong

martin10018:

If the icon is blurred, it is Windows fault. I can assure that.

I think that the X icon for deleting files is right. Many other dialogs use the exclamation mark, and it can be confusing if I use it also for deleting files.

flashlord:

Try uninstalling wuaucpl.cpl and tell me if that fix the problem.

Suren:

Hmm thats strange. Rebuild your icon cache and/or look at Folder Options-->File Types to see if everything is OK there.

diddykong:

No, it hasnt been updated. You will notice when I update it. What do you want to be modified? Next release's date is uncertain. I prefer more time for betatesting. Also I'm currently quite busy with work and other things.

Well I've just reloaded XP Pro and am getting it setup how I like to create decent system backups etc. I'm mostly waiting on the welcome screen to be updated, I don't know if you remember a debate at this topic, but there were 5 points going, of which some may have been dealt with, others not. I describe the welcome screen aspect there, and provide a link to one of the best designs found. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...73entry361373

The main thing is the scrolling of the current one. With 5+ user accounts it's just a pain scrolling all the time. With new accounts being added its worse so I'd rather wait for an update, unless thats going to be a month+?

Many thanks.

Edited by diddykong

XPize Beta 2 Has my logon screen

My logon screen is resolution independent, has scrollbars (when needed) and works in safe mode. I have made 2 other colors to go with royale silver and royale green - found in xpize - check them out at myGallery

- i know i am advertising my logon screens - oh well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently not using xpize 4 beat 2 , awaiting for final release

If someone does have xpize beta 2 and the logon screen here is a way to tell if you have the final version,

Compare your version to the most updated version.

Energy Blue Final

Since beta 2 was released the day before i released the final, i think it is outdated.

However, Xpero will update my logonui to the final version for the next xpize 4 release.

If you want to make sure you got the latest, download the logonui above.

rename to XPize_logon.exe and put it in the windows/system32 folder.

it should ask for a file overwrite if you did it correctly.

Edited by Seven Alive

• 2 weeks later...
Just found a ¿bug?

Since I've installed XPize I've had 3 "Explorer.exe has encountered a problem..." followed by this other error screen:

dibujo9cl.th.jpg

when trying to run other apps; e.g. SonyEricsson's PC suite

Try Lite version when is done. Working right now in a new build, no date yet.

Hey XPero,

I hope you don't take this in the wrong way, but I was wondering if you could give me an approximate date when you think the final version will be released. The reason I ask is because I'd like to install 4.0 on a fresh install, and I'll wait for it if its not too far off. If it is too far off, then I may resort to install 3.2, but I'd really like to wait for 4.0

I'm not trying to bug you and pressure you to get it done, I'm just curious as to about when 4.0 final can be expected.

Thanks!

Hey XPero,

I hope you don't take this in the wrong way, but I was wondering if you could give me an approximate date when you think the final version will be released. The reason I ask is because I'd like to install 4.0 on a fresh install, and I'll wait for it if its not too far off. If it is too far off, then I may resort to install 3.2, but I'd really like to wait for 4.0

I'm not trying to bug you and pressure you to get it done, I'm just curious as to about when 4.0 final can be expected.

Thanks!

I think I can finish it at the end of this week + I need some internal beta testing and finishing touches. Let's say next week or the next one, but date can be delayed. I'm really busy.

Edited by XPero

Thanks for the reply XPero. That was exactly what I was looking for. Just a general time frame. And I definitely understand being busy because I am myself!

Thanks for the reply. Good luck on getting this nice program finished. I really do like it a lot!

WoRdUp48

Hello,why these transfer icons in the little window are not xpized?Is it supposed to be so or is it a bug? :huh: Thanx for reply!

iviewcapturedate25082005time15.jpg

This image refers to emule checking for updated ipfilter file.

Edited by lucanasci