XPize 4.0 MCE BETA 2

XPero

Ok I had the following code in an HTML page:

<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<meta name=ProgId content=Excel.Sheet>

<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Excel 9">

<link rel=File-List href="./New_rota_to_040905_files/filelist.xml">

when it's in the page i get the default icon as though it cant find any icon. When I remove it, the html page has the same icon as all other html icons (the IE one).

Not sure if this is helpful, but has happened since installing beta2.

Hi XPero

In my spanish xp the clock didn't get xpized.

In previous xpize versions if I install english as default xpize language, its get xpized, but it didn't work with this new version.

Why?

@Suren

Not happening to me, someone else having that problem?

@some_guy

It is normal

@iCEhOT

Sorry, I dont get you. Can you explain again your problem please?

@Aaron_

I removed since 3.1. It was language independant. There is other thread with here where i posted the clock if you want to integrate it manually.

I am getting a dialogue box on startup stating

explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

x The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll

OK

and then it will sit at the desktop wallpaper with nothing else happening, it will respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del but not much else ... and ideas or suggestions as to why this might be? or indeed a method for launching the uninstall procedure from a run command?

Edit 1a: I am re-running the installation program to see if it has any effect.

Edit 1b: Same result

Edit 2a: BTW way is there a command line to restoring to a restore point?

Edit 2b: c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Edit 2c: hasn't worked, I'll go back even further with my restore point and try again

(this means that it may not have anything to do with XPize 4.0 beta 2 and just coincidental that it occured after the beta was installed - my apologies but any suggestions would be welcome)

Edit 2d: the restore from yesterday's point created for a automatic system update has fixed the problem, this may be the fault on it's own, or it may be a combination with XPize, I will try and recreate the problem.

Edit 2e: reinstalling XPize 4 beta 2

Edit 2f: after reboot the same symptoms manifest themselves, I'll system restore to pre-installation again and see if it starts working again

Edit 2g: the system restore to remove XPize 4 beta 2 has brought my machince back to functionality

Edit 3: Well for me at least this latest version isn't working, of course I am quite happy to preform any tests and answer any questions about my system and it's configuration to get this sorted, but I'm off on holiday in 24 hours so make it quick ;), at least now I know I can get it back working again. :)

Regards

CD

Edited by CyberDrac

:blink:

Just gotta say, awesome program you have here.

I have found what I think is a bug.

My icon settings don't survive a log off or reboot.

Ex.

I run XPize Settings, on the Desktop tab, under Desktop View I click the checkbox on the right and choose Small Icon. I also set the Set icon's background transparent checkbox and click Apply. At this point, everything looks exactly how I like it. However, once I log off or restart XP, the icons get reset to the original settings. All other settings look like they are persistant as they should be.

Is this a bug or is it an undocumented feature?

Otherwise, XPize rocks!

Hey XPero, Just a couple of things to report.

Firstly, winhlp32.exe, as previously stated, I get Binary errors, won't run.

I have tried replacing it with the one on my original XP CD, no luck, still same error, happened since B1 as far as I'm aware.

Also, Display properties, the image used for the monitor, the image inside it seems to have gone off center, also I alwys get a little black bit missing top left, and I still don't like the look of it, looks out of place with the rest on WINXP.....have a looky

@wile_coyote: Like XPero explained the set icon background transparent and the desktop views aren't permanent (this is because of the windows implemention). Thats why i added the timed refresh feature, this way while having the program running every 5s it will check if the style is changed and if yes reapply the tweaks checked.

:blink:

Thanks for the response. It's a shame that XPize setup can't write it's settings to an ini file or XML doc and XPize setup or something similar run from startup that parses that file and sets the settings accordingly.

:whistle:

Still an awesome program though and I will continue to use it.........thanks!

Edited by wile_coyote

I have a small problem with the beta 2 :-/

The XPize_logon.exe is packed with PEC2, so I can't take the resources and insert them into my danish logon. Any chance we could get the unpacked version?

I have a small problem with the beta 2 :-/

The XPize_logon.exe is packed with PEC2, so I can't take the resources and insert them into my danish logon. Any chance we could get the unpacked version?

That's not really a XPize problem