Game Console Decision Required

phoenix_nf

If those are your two choices, go with the gameboy. The nGage is a piece of junk. You should have seen their E3 booth: Big, FILLED with stations for gaming, and pretty much the crickets were chirping everywhere. The only reason we stopped there at all was because they had a big bench to sit on.

If you can spend a bit more, go with the Nintendo DS. Right now it's the best portable on the market, with the PSP trailing by a long way, in large part due to its overpriced status and its lame game lineup. Not to mention the fact that UMD movies are $30 a pop, WAY overpriced given that they come with *none* of the extras of their DVD brethren at a third to a half the price.

Jason

Yes, I'm yet to be convinced by the PSP, its uncomfortable (or at least I thought it was), the analog stick is simply retarded and Sony have made no effort to at least TRY and resolve the dead pixel problems which alot of people are having. The console is overpriced and the only ways to get the BEST out of them are completely illegal anyway, so unless you wanna crack into one, don't bother.

The DS is innovative, great fun to play, and the wireless multiplayer with only ONE copy of the game needed simply cannot be beaten.

And Nintendogs is just the cutest thing ever to grace a handheld! :wub:

Yes, I'm yet to be convinced by the PSP, its uncomfortable (or at least I thought it was), the analog stick is simply retarded and Sony have made no effort to at least TRY and resolve the dead pixel problems which alot of people are having. The console is overpriced and the only ways to get the BEST out of them are completely illegal anyway, so unless you wanna crack into one, don't bother.

The DS is innovative, great fun to play, and the wireless multiplayer with only ONE copy of the game needed simply cannot be beaten.

And Nintendogs is just the cutest thing ever to grace a handheld!  :wub:

Oh, you're not kidding, either. My GF got asked to leave the nintendogs booth because she played it too long, LOL :) She got in line over and over and over...got quite a few of those little cute plush giveaway dogs, though, hehe o_O

well the psp kills people with flying ejecting UMD disks, and the DS is fun but im disappointed nintendo isnt coming out with many good games for it, since the can port all the N64 classics...why aren't they? goldeneye would rule (not rouge agent). n guage is pretty nonexistant when compared to those two.

id save up for an xbox 360 since its coming out in november.

you guys ever heard of the gizmondo? it looks like a remake of the N-Gage, its horrible X_X. coming out in August for $400....

EDIT: Nintendo DS will have the goodies in Q3 and Q4, mostly Q4, i cant wait for the new Metriod Prime Hunters =D. the graphics look enhanced. if only Valve made CS for the DS and the DS would be set =D.

EDIT2: that reminds me, at E3, DS owners brought and played their DS at the DS station with other people, on the other hand, the PSP owners didnt bring their PSPs and only played the PSPs that were there with demos. =O

Edited by BombaTwist

• 2 weeks later...
you guys ever heard of the gizmondo? it looks like a remake of the N-Gage, its horrible X_X. coming out in August for $400....

EDIT: Nintendo DS will have the goodies in Q3 and Q4, mostly Q4, i cant wait for the new Metriod Prime Hunters =D. the graphics look enhanced. if only Valve made CS for the DS and the DS would be set =D.

EDIT2: that reminds me, at E3, DS owners brought and played their DS at the DS station with other people, on the other hand, the PSP owners didnt bring their PSPs and only played the PSPs that were there with demos. =O

That's because not many actually *have* PSP's :) The thing's too friggin' expensive for a portable. I'm enjoying that DS continues to outsell it. During the first couple of weeks of Nintendogs' release in Japan, DS outsold PSP and PS2 *Combined*.

Sony may make a few dents in Nintendo's ownership of the portable market, but there is *very* little chance PSP will reign the way Gameboy has.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...