Who knows how to optimize windows XP?

NUG

:huh:

I'm looking for information on optimizing windows xp to have the most less used resources, and services running in the backround without causing problems. I have seen this before posted somewhere's, but I can not find that post.. Can someone help me?

:}

stop unneccessary services services.msc blackviper.com

defrag your hdd

stop running processes. including anti-virus

get more ram

get faster components

use nlite.

that should be enough...

nLite, nLite, nLite.

Just remove everything that you don't need on a daily basis and you should be good to go. The only thing I can see possibly causing you problems would be removing IE and IE Core, perhaps...

just a small point ...*ahem*... but make sure you dont remove services that you dont know what they are...

...you may (and most likely will) run into problems with other things and wonder why - as I've seen a fair few times before on MSFN.

Cheers and happy gaming :D

N.

ah windows for workgroups... *reminiscence*

back to the topic of getting XP going nicely, there is a small freeware app by the nice people at driverheaven.net (yes, the people include the dude who makes the omegadrivers) called "TuneXP", it doesnt seem to get discussed here much which is a pity cos ive found it to be the smallest/most efficent means of tweaking XP post-install:

Driverheaven.net - TuneXP

happy tweaking B)

defrag , switch off any programs running i.e IMs , Anti-Virus , Firewalls , d/c ya net ( unless u gunna play online ) get more Ram i wudnt know about the nLite Bumming but lmao get seems these guys know there stuff lol

• 2 weeks later...