AMD Athlon 64 X2

KamiQuazi

I mainly building this system for the gaming aspects and for high quilty video and still imagary editing... so i thought about the X2...

No Board Yet <Next Challenge>

AMD 64 4400+ X2

2 Gb RAM (Corsair 3200 PC 400 Dual Channel); upgrade later to 4 gb

1.75 TR Raid HD

2 DVD-+R/W DL

Nvidia 6600 Ultra (Dual or single havent decided) < Next Challenge>

Dual 19" LCD (or single projection)

7.1 DTS System (505 Watts)

SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS

:thumbup

What ya think? like i said about $5000

Edited by lostincyberspace2007

that sounds like a sweet system,, but 1 question why the 1.75 TR Raid HD ? really whats so good about it,, and geesh thats alot of room,, what all do you plan on putting in it to come any where close to filling an 8th of that up?

I haven't bought the VC(s) yet... im still in the gathering... the reason for the space is because once i get that computer im gonna get Broadband (yes, i hate to admite it but i am still on dial-up :no: ) and im gonna host a email server, ftp, and more... and i like to have a copy of all of my movies (thanks to DVD Decrpter) and have back up of my music and games to play with emulation and after they get into DVD size... (Ex: MOH:PA, Unreal Tournament 2004, and more) and everything else i have to have to run the video and imagiry editing... so... it helps... lol

:thumbup

I think 2 GBs will serve you fine, you won't need to pay for 2 extra GBs after that. I mean it's just gonna be your pride of having such a powerful system and I know I'd feel good about telling someone "Hey I have FOUR GIGABYTES of RAM" but in the grand scheme of things, as long as you have enough for what you really need, that's what to be happy about.

Pffft, I'd have a GB but have 512 since my gf's PC needed half of mine so she could do gaming. Her dad bought her a Dell with a 2.4 GHz CPU and 128 MBs of RAM. What a... :whistle: