Question about upcomming 4.0

So do I understand it correctly that there is only one person working on WPI now? Ant that there will not be any real new releases comming out? Except for the option of playing music while installing?

So let me ask this. For some one that have never done any type of programming where can I go to find out how to edit this program to make it act and look the way I would like. (the next and back buttons jump up and down on pages). I have many ideas that I would like to see come to WPI but have no clue were to even begin.

Is there a place that can help me make a program like this. Or lean now to edit this one like a pro. I have time on my hands and willing to learn.

Thank you for such a great program, I really enjoy it. I would like to continue what one has started and make this the best WPI program out there.

Thank You,

Albert Mulder

Albert, take a look HERE. I have spent a lot of time trying to make something of a customization tutorial and would appreciate any feedback. This entire forum serves as a tutorial, but I've tried to outline my own experiences in customizing an earlier version of WPI.

Well you are not off to a bad start. I was checking out the boxes.js section and it was unclear as to where the "//C H A N G E column heights here...default is 30.72" section in it was. Ware we to replace:

" if (winheight>=768 && numCols!=null) cols=numCols;

colwidth=Math.round(100/cols,0);

debug(" - Using max. " + cols + " columns with a column-width of " + colwidth + "%",1);"

I am not sure.

And will this help with aligning the "Next" and "Last" buttons? On the first screen the are all the way down. On the next screens they are up about 3 spaces and the last is about 1 space about the fist page. So they are never in the same spot.

Or let me ask this has anyone found away to make buttons appear under that frame section? Like with the save buttons when you are in the config section.

Well let me know.

Here is my boxes.js file

Thank you for your help.

:Update:

Thank you @lionhrt for the info, I would hate to be suspended.

Edited by almulder

Well you are not off to a bad start. I was checking out the boxes.js section and it was unclear as to where the "//C H A N G E column heights here...default is 30.72" section in it was.
Yeah, looks like there have been some significant changes in the newer version. I would start playing with these numbers to determine whether fewer of more apps can appear in a given column. Make changes to the "maxentries=" value depending upon your preferred resolution:

switch (winheight)
 {
  case '600': maxentries=21; break;
  case '768': maxentries=28; break;
  case '1024': maxentries=38; break;
  case '1200': maxentries=40; break;
 }

And will this help with aligning the "Next" and "Last" buttons? On the first screen the are all the way down. On the next screens they are up about 3 spaces and the last is about 1 space about the fist page. So they are never in the same spot.

I think you are going to have to edit the .hta file directly. As djbe said, "learn HTML," as that is the best route. Then you can put the buttons in a different column or create a new row altogether. Let me look at the newest version in the days ahead and maybe see what's going on.

Haven't heard from kelsenellenelvian in a while, hope all is well.

Edited by blinkdt