Here They Are:

I ordered my barebone system.

160GB DiamondMax 10 ATA 133 7200RPM Hard Drive - 8MB Buffer

5402324.jpg

(but this don't have no Warranty)

Pentium 4 540, LGA775, 3.2GHz, 800MHz, 1MB Cache, Hyper Threading

5205540.jpg

(NOT FOR GAMING!!)

Asus V9520-X/TD/64 GeForce FX5200 64MB GDDR AGP 8x Video Card with DVI, VGA, TV-Out, DirectX 9 (Retail, Powered by nVidia)

extremepcgear_1847_15006862.jpg

And for the sound card i'm buying it at a store but i can't find it online, but it's a sound blaster live card and supports EAX

will this computer be fast?

Edited by computerMan

Well I say no becasue...

The HD is not SATA,

I don't like the case or keyboard,

I hate P4, Use AMD!!!,

That sound card doesn't support EAX 3 or HDv4,

and

The video card is very basic.

But the real question should be....

Are these parts good for a Internet only PC? YES!

For playing Games? NO!!!

Everyone has a different opinion about what they like and dislike.

What are you really asking? Thinking about building a computer or something????

If so, what kind of a computer, and what for??

B)

EDIT: I know you are thinking of buying a computer using these parts, but what I mean is what exzactly are you going to do on/with your PC? The foundation of what you want and what you might do with it is what will set the Price$$. IMO

Edited by Blam-O!

well would it be fast? if not tell me what i should buy to make it fast. i not using it for gaming i'm just using it for the internet and work (powerpoint,word,publisher,excel)

and cd buring,dvd buring, music and some other stuff.

"Good" is relative to what you need. If all you need is a word processor, then pretty much anything you buy will do the trick.

If you want to play the newest games on this, then it's not a "good" set of hardware.

I put yes....

because it beats my computer LOL!

although case looks kinda weird.. but i don't think that really matters lol.

you also didn't put any specs on how much or what type memory you will be using, you have to check with the mainboard manufacturer too find out what the max speed, max amount and what type of memory you have to use.

based on what you have put for what your needs are, i would say its a "good" computer, and memory really makes a diffrence in a PC. a stick of 512 mb will probably be enought for your needs.

oh.. and for games...

I would say its still good enough to play games. My Main Computer / Gaming Computer is...

AMD AthlonXP 2400+ @ 1.9 ghz

2 x sticks of 512mb 2700

GeForce4 MX440 128mb AGP 8X (but mainboard only supports 4x)

2 x 40gig hard drives. 1st for windows + apps / 2nd for Backup

Games I Play or have Played without much trouble: Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942 + Desert Combat, Doom 3 (although it was a little choppy, but still playable)

Edited by Bi0haZarD

thanks for say yes i'm putting 1 gig of ram in it the only reason(s) that i got that case is becasue the motherboard is in and it has a 7 in 1 media card reader and stuff like that and it also goes with my monitor. and the computer is not big but fast.

(in order from which is the most important part in a PC - In My Strong Opinion, 'not necessary the name brand in any order')

(and this is not ment as a buying guide.... more of a tip)

MB:

For a MB I always perfer ASUS. MSI is 'OK', and will probably fit most of your needs. ABIT also makes some pretty good ones, but a lot of lemons too.....

CPU:

well like I said before, use AMD, not only are they cheaper - but have much better performance!!! If your bugdet alows it get an AMD 64 939 - they rule over all others. But even a 754 would be great to have.

MEM:

Corsair is the BEST, I don't care what anyone says. ive been using Corsair for at least 7+ years!!! I have tried many brands, they are #1 when it comes to games. It not gaming get some Kingston or Mushkin. i highly recommend 1GB of mem if using XP, 512MB bare mim.

PS:

Get at least a solid 350watts, Antec is my favorite. this will be enough power for apx: your fans, 1 HD, DVD/CD Drives, Floppy Drive and some lights. If you want 2 HDs, id would get 400 watts or more. If thinking about gaming later on, get at least 520 watts!

HD:

Must be an SATA HD for sure! i like WD 1st and Maxtor 2nd, but really ethier one is a great HD to own. And SATA HD's have droped down in price by far compared to what they used to be. Now for about only $5-10 more, you can get an SATA!!!

Sound:

Since you said you want to lsiten to music and movies, get a good pair of speakers, like Logitech. But if you have a good sound card like "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with 1394, model# SB0090, PCI you will be set on your sound! That card can be found on Amazon and ebay for as little as $35.00.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If gaming:

the graphics card comes in-between everything. A fast-a$$ gaming rigg can be brought down by any bottlenecks in a System. And th GCard plays a very important rule in this. At the moment for most games, the Nvidia GeForce FX 6800 Ultra, 512MB made by PNY or eVGA - PCIExpress is a really good card. Thier are many other cards available too for gaming, so I don't want to push any thing here on that topic, as that would only lead to another topic all by itself :))

Also find out the exact mobo that comes with the case, should you decided to go with this after the critisim that has been level against the above system so far.

Research that mobo, find reviews on it, seek other ppls opinions, becuase at the end of the day if the mobo is a heap of s**t then no matter whizzy gear you have plugged into it, it will be a crap computer. The mobo is the backbone of any computer and if it keeps falling over and crashing every couple of hours or is prone to failure after a couple of month (unlikely with todays mobos) then your computer is worthless.

Get a good motherboard and build from there!

Also find out the exact mobo that comes with the case, should you decided to go with this after the critisim that has been level against the above system so far.

Research that mobo, find reviews on it, seek other ppls opinions, becuase at the end of the day if the mobo is a heap of s**t then no matter whizzy gear you have plugged into it, it will be a crap computer. The mobo is the backbone of any computer and if it keeps falling over and crashing every couple of hours or is prone to failure after a couple of month (unlikely with todays mobos) then your computer is worthless.

Get a good motherboard and build from there!

a very good point that i forgot to mention.... :whistle:

research, research, research, research!!!

i don't want it for gaming i want it to be fast and reliable. i want to be able to listen to music, play movies, make dvds, my old computer that had a celeron made dvd movies it it was pretty fast makeing them. besides i'm putting a better processor in it, it's a Pentium 4 540, LGA775, 3.2GHz, 800MHz, 1MB Cache, Hyper Threading that should be pretty fast.