Grand Theft Auto

TheBlackMan

Which plays the game better? Do they take anything out for the PC version or add anything in. I have a PS2 and I was planning on buying San Andreas for PS2, but at the same time it's going to be released on PC June 7th. I know that Vice City and GTAIII have both been released on both PS2 and PC (also XBox, but I don't have one), so I'm just wondering how they compare.

I think that San Andreas should be played on PC, definitely. Why? Because, Rockstar Games has turned GTA into a precision game pretty much which makes it frustrating and annoying to for instance, aim and shot those choppers down. If you want to buy San Andreas, the PC version is the way to go.

4 reasons for purchasing the pc version:

*gta: sa is well known to burn the ps2 lens; continuous read from the dvd.

*best controlled with a mouse and a keyboard than with the ps2 pad

*best viewed on your computer, more resolution and speed

*possibility of totally cutomize your game. tons of cars and mods! (if you played gta3 or gta:vc on the pc you know what i'm talking about)

The mods potential for the GTA games are absolutely fantastic believe me ;)

You want an example?

A VERY popular mod for GTA3 on the PC is called REALGTA3 http://realgta.net/realgta/

It's kinda like a total conversion of GTA3, you still get Liberty City and the gameplay of GTA3, but visually, the whole thing is new, and REAL! You like Banshees or Stingers or any of those sports cars in GTA3? Replace them with Dodge Vipers, Porsches or even Ferraris.

It replaces the cars, weapons, textures (Rocky textures are a great example), and many looks of the buildings that you see. It even throws its own 'Statue of Liberty' in there :D

I think the screen below is a good example of how neat it looks ;)

screen11.jpg

It doesn't really take much handling, if you've ever played a First Person Shooter on PC youll know what to expect. Movement and strafeing with W,A,S,D and turning/looking with the mouse, its easy and once you're used to it, feels so much more natural than any console controller and allows for perfect aiming at all times.