WMP10 Complete Slipstream

CatalogFile=filename.cat

Specifies a catalog (.cat) file to be included on the distribution media of a device/driver. Catalog files are supplied by the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL), after WHQL has tested and assigned digital signatures to driver files. (Contact WHQL for more information about the testing and signing of IHV and/or OEM driver packages.)

Catalog files are not listed in the SourceDisksFiles or CopyFiles sections of the INF. Setup assumes that the catalog file is in the same location as the INF file.

System-supplied INF files never have CatalogFile= entries because the operating system validates the signature for such an INF against all system-supplied xxx.cat files.

Perhaps this way of SP2+Hotfix Slipstreaming aren't compatible?

They are completely compatible!

If you follow the steps that have been outlined before:

1. Run nLite and do whatever you want to do w/it.
  2. Complete all the nLite steps except making the iso
  3. Add RyanVM's update
  4. Close/exit out of nLite
  5. wmp 10.0.0.3802 download link: <a href='http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...d/download.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...d/download.aspx</a>1. run slipstreamer version 3
    2. add my pack
    3. add the registry entry from above.
    @NemoNada
    Sorry if this is a silly question but which RyanVM pack are you refering to here?
    The netfix?

no. i think he meant ryan's update pack. also ryan has a wmp10 addon now so check his page and do this:

hi there guys,

ryan released his wmp10 addon. it has some files updated but i still modified it using my pack. it's easy....unpack it using winrar, overwrite new files and then compress back (i use picozip). the files who need update are: msscp.dl_, wmasf.dl_, drmv2clt.dl_, qasf.dl_ .

Edited by boooggy

wait wait wait a min!!!

where does WMP10setup.exe file have to be in order to run Slipstreamer3 on it?!?!?!?

Am I supposed to put it in a certain directory before running the WMP10slipstreamer on it????

Edited by Outatouch

Sorry if this is a silly question but which RyanVM pack are you refering to here?
boooggy's correct, I meant the update pack RyanVM had prepared in between his major releases. That's moot now since he's updated to 1.3.1, so don't worry about that step.

I also mentioned RyanVM's installer for the .NET framework if you need to reinstall that.

Thanks guys for the feedback

I did the re-D/L thing, ran a fresh SP2 slipstream (no HotFixes) and copied it to a separate folder. Then I ran HFSLIP again to slipstream the HotFixes.

(all the .NET, admin stuff aren't the problem)

I ran WMP10Slipstream3 on both of the above. It worked just fine without slipstreaming the hotfixes w/ HFSLIP so I know the program works ie: the download was not corrupt. (didn't test on virtPC but I believe you lol)

When I ran it on the HFSLIP i386 I recd the same error message as before :(

So I tried a 3rd experiment. I took the XP sp2 that I got WMP10Slipstreamer3 to work on and ran it through HFSLIP (RyanVM's netfix gets put in at this stage) and it didn't seem to mind it. :D I've got an install going now on VirtualPC to see what it does :whistle: .

I know this method runs contrary to the directions here. Directins on HFSLIP don't exactly say it can't be done this way (you're supposed to put wmp10setup in the /Q:A /R:N Silent Switch folder).

Anyway I'll let you know what happens. Who knows we might build a better mousetrap outta what's not supposed to work ! lol :P

I ran WMP10Slipstream3 on both of the above. It worked just fine without slipstreaming the hotfixes w/ HFSLIP
I'm glad you're finally getting somewhere! As you said, you know you're on the right track now. :thumbup
I took the XP sp2 that I got WMP10Slipstreamer3 to work on and ran it through HFSLIP
Better be careful here! I think there's a problem w/running RyanVM's update after you run "WMP10_Slipstreamer" because it will replace some of the files you've updated w/older ones.

Having said that though, it might not be true anymore 'cause of RyanVM's new "RVMAddonsWMP10_1.0.cab" and boooggy's comments about adding his "newWMP.rar" after adding RyanVM's stuff.

I'm sure boooggy will jump in here and let us know. :)