WMP10 Complete Slipstream

exactly copied the same setting which i was provided

i have added this lile in [AddReg] section

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1

when it failed ,,, i ran the media player ,, accept the aggrement

reboot

extracted the key and execute through installs.cmd

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"AcceptedPrivacyStatement"=dword:00000001

ok i got it. i tried to skip that but till now it seems that i can not make it work. i will see what's up.... i think it has more dependicies in the registry.

Edited by boooggy

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1

but is not working and i have an ideea why not but i have to go to work....i will try it later... :P

Edited by boooggy

UPPDATE: WinXP OOBE runs slowly.

=========================

I tried two installs, one with RyanVM's 1.2.2b-Full and another with 1.2.2b-Full-noWMP. Each one applied the WMV Acceleration and EULA Acceptance registry keys via updating Ryan's packs. These were ATTENDED setups. No nLite manipulations except to slipstream Service Pack 2 into WinXP RTM and to create the ISOs. No manual manipulations except to slightly modify and install Ryan's UpdatePacks, and to add boooggy's newWMP.rar contents.

Test System:

MS Virtual PC running on AMD AthlonXP 2400+ (2GHz clock), 1536MB SDRAM (PC-133)

Settings: Win2000 OS, 128MB memory (default), 17GB virtual hard drive (default)

Results:

Installs went flawlessly in these attended installations. Registry keys appear to have been applied. And no problems except for very slow OOBE due to high CPU utilization (checked with Task Manager on host). The music stopped playing well before the first text appeared. Ran slow until shortly after the desktop appeared upon completion of OOBE.

Notes:

Using Ryan's noWMP UpdatePack showed no problems and no bad hotfixes by QFECheck. The other showed these 4 WMP9 hotfixes were in need of reinstallation: KB885353, KB886610, KB887078, KB892313. All hotfixes are specifically for 9 Series. The last one is applicable to WMP10 with a different setup file from MS.

An unattended installation may bypass the OOBE problem, I may try applying boooggy's list of patches later by altering Ryan's Update pack to include the CAT files and all relevant registry keys for the hotfixes. I'll follow Ryan's example as to what regkeys to exclude from the pack (hotfix removal and Add/Remove Programs listings).

Huge thanks to Gnome, RyanVM, boooggy, and all contributors for all their hard work.

Edited by 5eraph

The INF is attached if you're interested in seeing the changes or trying it yourself. The only thing I used nLite for is slipstreaming SP2 because I'm lazy. :)

I'm sending it packed so all you have to do is overwrite the one in your I386 folder. Unpack to see the changes.

EDIT:

The site refuses files with the ".in_" extension. Just rename the file to RVMUpPck.in_ to make it functional.

:blink:

RVMUpPck.in_.txt

Edited by 5eraph

i did add it to RVMUpPck.inf but it did not work for me....

about the windows file protection i am not using it. i disable it via nlite.....

Does that work? I thought people were having problems disabling SFC with nlite, I used the empty list method to stop it. I guess I'll have to give nlite a try.

Oh and for clarification, I don't have to add any of those reg entries like the wmv acceleration one to make it work do I? I mean I can just go into the player and tick the box to enable it and it will be same thing correct? :unsure:

The player should work without the registry entries, but WMV Acceleration might not function (I still had to check the box even after adding the entry) and you'll have to accept the End-User License Agreement on first run.

@boooggy:Can you tell me which hotfixes were applied in newWMP.rar so I can include the CATs in a new archive?

Am I correct in assuming that KB888656 and KB892313 were applied and not KB891122?

EDIT:

Nevermind. :) It appears that Ryan removes at least those four hotfix registry entries from the RVMUpPck.inf file for his noWMP releases (KB885353, KB886610, KB887078, and KB892313). The version of KB892313 he normally includes is the WMP9 hotfix anyway; there is a separate one for WMP10. Since this addresses the conflicts here and I don't know how Ryan does his thing, the CATs may not be required, but I'm including the two above anyway to see how it goes without a KB892313 registry entry.

I'm still checking this so I may be wrong.

Edited by 5eraph

ryan's no wmp is only for slipstreamer made by Bâshrat the Sneaky.

i included kb895181, kb895316, kb893241, kb893240, kb888656. but i dont see how can it helps u if u add also the .cat files for this files....

to see regentries that a hotfix adds to registry use inctrl5.

Edited by boooggy

EDIT:

You may be right in that BTS's method requires the noWMP releases of Ryan's UpdatePacks. I haven't used his method so I can't tell you for sure. I suspect Bâshrat doesn't include WMP10's CAT files at all which would play havoc with Windows File Protection causing repeated attempts to restore WMP9 files. This would make sense.

Gnome's method does use the CAT files so WFP can be left on without causing trouble. This is why I prefer his method. This is also why I always do a manual install of Ryan's packs, WFP integrity is maintained.

I'd like to use the CAT files with newWMP.rar for the same reason. I won't have to worry about WFP trying to revert WMP10 to build 3802 from 3923.

An added benefit of using the noWMP UpdatePacks with Gnome's method is that when I use QFECheck to see if I have to reinstall any updates to keep my system secure it won't show me useless WMP9 updates to distract me from other updates that are more important.

Edited by 5eraph