What should my next CPU be when I upgrade?

SilverHaze420

Whats the best CPU to have?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best CPU to have?

• AMD Athlon 64-Bit Processor
    • Intel P4 Hyper-Thread CPU

I have been an Intel guy forever but the past few months AMD has been getting better reviews. Now with Windows XP64 out mabey I should switch to AMD. I play video games like Half Life 2 and Intel LGA775 chips are better for that I think. Planning for the future it might be better to own a 64-bit chip. I'm looking to spend between 250-300 on a CPU.

why not msi? it seems to be one good choice. or u can try abit an8..... very nice piece of work.... but no asus....cause i read many reviews and threads on different forums and it seems that asus mainboards for socket 939 have a lot of problems.

ps i have abit.

I'm an intel guy and will always be so I vote for intel but regarding motherboard; I have used nothing but asus for the past 7-8 years and never had one issue. In fact some of my highest overclocking against friends have blown them away with the stableness of a asus board.

Asus is #1 in my book for Pentium chips but I am not as familiar with AMD's to make the same statement with them. I can look into Abit. The reason I do not like MSI boards is I have had many problems with them before being incompatible with my hardware.