What Does This Error Message Mean? (pic Included)

Wedge1

To resolve this problem, follow these steps: 1. Turn off the computer and the printer or the scanner.

2. Disconnect the printer or the scanner from the computer.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Install the compatible drivers and software for the printer or the scanner, and then reconnect the printer or the scanner to the computer.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps: 1. Turn off the computer and the printer or the scanner.

2. Disconnect the printer or the scanner from the computer.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Install the compatible drivers and software for the printer or the scanner, and then reconnect the printer or the scanner to the computer.

i dont have any scaners or printers connected to the computer :(

do this it will i think help u go to control panel administrative tools>event viewer and then find this error in the lists double click it and send it to microsoft by clicking on the link under the message .Hope they will help!

used to happen to me too.

do you have indexing service enabled by any chance?

i don't know if the two are related each other but my problem seemed to settle down after i disabled the service.

Get spy doctor and get spybot and update their definitions. Then scan the box and see if you have any spyware. My girlfriend's laptop was having the same problem right after it gets done booting up and then that error message would show up. After I scanned and removed the spyware, everything went back to normal and there was no more occurences. Hope that helps buddy.

do this it will i think help u go to control panel administrative tools>event viewer and then find this error in the lists double click it and send it to microsoft by clicking on the link under the message .Hope they will help!

did u try this above????

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, sorry for an extremely late reply, but my email notification isn't working and I'm not sure why.

@raza: I will follow your instructions and see what comes of it. Lately I haven't seen that error message. I use PC-Cillen anti-virus on that particular PC and I keep it very up-to-date. Also, I use spybot and it, too, is kept very up-to-date.

No scanners or printers are connected to the PC in question. So the firewalls (XP or PC-Cillen) can't be blocking these items.

Indexing service is turned on. Should I turn it off? I'm not really sure what this service even does. Fast file searching maybe. If turned on, can anybody else confirm that it could possibly cause this error message on boot-up?

I have seen this many times, i would run all the adware/spyware and antivirus programs you can and hope that it's not one of those really nasty spyware programs that are almost impossible to remove without format c: reinstall OS.

B)